Nightmare

Draco pov:

It has been 5 years since the battle of Hogwarts and much as changed. After they rebuilt Hogwarts my mother forced me to go finish my final year with my father in azkaban she said I should try to keep the Malfoy name in order. That's when I saw her. Hermione Granger she had changed over the break and caught my attention. I was started to follow her and stare at her through out the beginning of Hogwarts till she caught me.

*Flash Back*

I was at the slytherin table eating while causally glancing at the beautiful burnett. I saw her get up and excused myself and followed her out of the great hall. She was walking her way down the hall with me hiding behind he corridors every now and than to make sure she didn't see me. But as she was going I accidentally tripped.  "Shit" I exclaimed. She turned around and saw me looking angry. "Malfoy why are you following me" she said seething. I casually got up and sneered "And why would I be following you Granger" She put her hands on her curvy hips and said in her know it all voice "Well Malfoy the gryffindor dorms are this way and I believe that the slytherin dorms are the other way" Well damn I just got caught. I walked up near her leaving about three feet apart. "Maybe Granger I just wanted to get your attention" I said seductively casually getting closer by each word. She sucked in a gasp and looked like she was struggling for words. "Well why do you want my attention" she said I smirked "See Granger I think I might like you. I think I have always liked you" Her eyes went wide and she must not have expected that. "Malfoy you aren't supposed to like me, I'm a mudblood" my smirk vanished. "Hermione don't call yourself that I was wrong and I apologies for all the times I have called you one, and I don't care about my stupid family blood line anymore" I said sincerely looking into her eyes. She looked precious standing with tears in her eyes slowly following down. "I really am sorry Hermione, I hope you can forgive me" I said starting to turn around. I then felt a tiny hand on my arm pulling me in. Then I felt lips on mine. I reacted right away and kissed her back and wrapped my arms around her waist. I felt her an arm come up to grab my hair. I slithered my tongue into her mouth and grew the kiss deeper. After that night we hung out as much as we could going to the room of requirements and the astronomy tower. I eventually asked her to be my girlfriend she accepted. But as the school year was ending the drama came.  Hermione and me were at the astronomy tower that night. She was acting a little bit strange tonight but I didn't ask. "Schools almost done for good, what are you planning on doing?" I asked looking up at her with my head in her lap. "Uh well I was thing about eventually running for Minister of Magic." she said smiling but not it reaching her eyes. "Hermione are you okay, why are you acting like this" She then burst into tears. I sat up and hugged her. "I can't do this anymore" she said sobbing pulling out of the hug. "What do you mean" I was hoping she wouldn't say what I was thinking. "Draco we can't be together anymore I'm so sorry" she said still sobbing standing up and grabbing her bag. Now I was angry why couldn't we be was it Weasel? "Hermione wait" I said desperately. "Draco no I'm sorry I just can't anymore" she said running out of the tower. I felt a tear run down my pale cheek. I had lost the girl I love. I wouldn't love anyone more dearly than her.

*Flashback over* 

Now Astoria and me are newly engaged. I never wanted to marry her I hate Astoria with all my heart but mother insisted to keep the family line going. We were hosting are engagement party when I saw her. She was walking down the stairs more beautiful than ever. In a dark red that hugged all the curves in the right places. She met my eyes and gave me a sad smile till she saw the lady in my arms next to me. She frowned a little and walked away in the oppisite directions. I watched her walk over to the bastard Weasel, and saw him kiss her cheek. I turned to Astoria. "Astoria dear excuse me for a bit" She didn't even acknowledge me with more than a wave of her hand clearly to busy to talk. I walked through the crowd in her direction baring all the congrats. When I reached her I gathered up my courage and spoke. "Hermione" She turned around flushed. "Draco" she said looking at me than looking at the wine in her hands. "Can we talk in private please" I said. She looked over to the weasel that was talking to Potter and Weaslette. "Yes we can" she set down her glass and we walked over to the balcony away from the party. We stood in silence till she spoke up. "What do you want Draco" I looked at her and saw she was leaning on the balance looking at the starry night sky. I cleared my voice "I just wanted to know why" She sighed and finally looked into my eyes. "Draco no one would have wanted us together, Harry and Ron were furious when they found out remember. They didn't even talk to me till I said I broke up with you" Why does she care what they think, it's her life. Can't she see that they use her. "Who cares what they think though" I asked annoyed. "Draco you are engaged now and so am I" she sad sadly with a tear sliding down her cheek. I din't know she was engaged. Now that breaks my heart hearing that. "With Weasel" I ask angrily. "Don't call him that and yes I am and I am happy" No she isn't neither am I.  "No you aren't neither am I. Hermione we could go to America and have a life of are own, I just want you." I say pleading her and Malfoys don't plead. She was now sobbing "Draco I wish we could maybe in another life time but we must accept reality" She walked over to me and placed her hands on my face and brought her lips to mine. It was a soft kiss, warm and it felt right. Like one of us would break at any moment mixed with tears of the both of us. She finally broke apart and dropped her hands to her side. "I'm sorry Draco but this is goodbye" I watched again as she left heading back to the party with my heart breaking once again. I stayed out their for a while collecting myself and wishing I was living another life with her. I eventually went back to the party to Astoria and put on a fake smile while out of the corner of my eye I saw her wrapped around Weasely laughing. I never looked at her once again at the party. When it was over I got in bed I closed my eyes wishing it was all a dream and that I would wake up from this nightmare.