2

"I'm taking over the Mafia." I say, his tense body relaxes.

"I'm glad...you made...that...decision." He says.

"I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for myself and my sister of course." I say, my father's eyes widen a bit.

"Besides I never actually had a choice now did I Papi?" I say as I turn around to exit but I stop.

"Oh and if any of you hear anything about Emilio. You have to let me know." I say as I leave the room, leaving the door ajar. I stand by the door, listening to what they are saying.

"Alita sweetheart, would you be so kind to leave me with your father for a few minutes?" I hear Mami ask Alita.

"Of course." I hear her footsteps come towards the door. Her eyes widen as she finds me by the door. I place my index finger to my lips to shush her. She nods and listens as well.

"She hates...me...Malia." my father says.

"Ugh Alexander, pull yourself together. What did you expect? After all those years of you torturing the poor girl in front of her sister, did you think she'll just forgive and forget all the things you put her through. But I'm not gonna lie, after all those beatings, it made her the strong independent woman she is today although it was still wrong."

"I couldn't...stop...myself...Once I start...I don't...think that...I'll ever be able...to stop."

"Bullshit! I'm trying to be a good mother right now and be there for her. Because of your torturous ways, I couldn't even be with my own daughter's. You know if I didn't convince her to come talk to you, she wouldn't have. Andréa doesn't even feel sorry for you but she knows that she should but she doesn't. You better apologize to that poor girl, before you take your last breath. Or I'll make sure your final minutes are the worst of your life. Understood?" I hear my mother walk towards the door and Alita and I sprint to my bedroom down the hall. I plop myself on my bed and I feel the side of the bed sink meaning Alita is sitting next to me.

"Do you think he'll apologize?"

"I don't know. If he does, it won't be easy to forgive him." I reply. I sigh as I close my eyes.

"I just wish he could die already." She says.

"Yep, you and me both."

"Did you know that Papi used to kidnap children, then he'll either sell them or make them a part of the Mafia?"

"No, he's a monster."

"So when you take over the Mafia, what are you gonna change?"

"The fact that we kidnap children. They won't be allowed to kidnap innocent women and children. Unless it's because they're witnesses of a crime or the women are a threat to our Mafia from an enemy Mafia."

"That's a good choice." I look at the clock on my nightstand and it's 23:00.

"Alita, I'm gonna get some sleep. You should too." She sighs and makes herself comfortable on my bed.

"Aren't you sleeping in your room?" I ask as I put on some comfortable clothes.

"Nope. I'm already comfy here." I giggle and pull the covers over my sister. I get in under the comforter and darkness engulfes.

***

I wake up to someone calling my name. I slowly open my eyes to find my mother. I look to the other side of the bed to find Alita still asleep.

"Andy, your father needs to speak to you." Mami whispers.

"Now?" I mumble.

"Yes. Come on, leave Alita to sleep."
I groan and get up. I make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I get dressed in black pants and a black vest top along with black heel boots. I leave my hair to hang loose and I make my way to my father's bedroom.

I reach the door and my mother is standing there, waiting for me. She opens the door and I see my father sitting up on his bed with his back on a pillow against the headboard. I sigh and walk towards the bed.

"Hi Andy."

"Hello papi." There was silence for a few minutes. I sit down at his feet.

"I'm sorry...Andy." I look at him with a shocked expression.

"I've done a lot...to hurt you. You... were just...a child...I shouldn't have treated you that way. I...can't die...knowing...that my...daughter...hates me. So...I'm sorry, Andréa. I don't think...that you'll forgive me...after all these years...I just...hope one day...you'll forgive me." I give him a fake smile.

"You and Alita will leave home and go to Italy, Sicily. Today. To our main compound. You both have to go because you both will be tested. You will be tested on your leadership skills. Alita will be tested on how she reacts to orders as a second in command. She'll be tested on her obedience. There had been some robberies from my drug shipments. Your job is to solve it. Fix it. Handle it I know you both will do well. The driver will be here in 30 minutes. Good luck." Mami says as she walks into the room. I nod as I leave.

I shake Alita by her shoulders. She groans.

"Come on. Get ready and get packed. I think you should pack a lot of clothes. We might be gone for a while."

"Why? Where we going?" She asks as she stretches.

"To the main compound."

"In Italy?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"They going to be testing us. I'll be tested on my leadership skills since I'm soon taking over. You'll be tested on your obedience as second in command." She sighs.

"Okay."

"We have 30 minutes before the driver gets here." I say as I take out my already packed suitcase from under my bed. She eyes my bag.

"Don't judge. I'm always prepared for the worst." I then take out another small suitcase and put it on my bed. I open it to reveal my guns. Her eyes widen. She tries to touch my MFD-4 assault rifle but I swat her hand away.

"Don't. Papa gave it to me when I was 13. It was the last gift he gave me before papi killed him." I say. She nods.

"Sorry, it's just special to me." Papa was our only grandfather. Mamis father. Papi killed him because he threatened to take everything he has away from him. Including us and Mami. Papi never liked that so he got rid of him.

"It's okay. I get it. Papa gave you that and he gave me my crossbow." She says as she takes out the crossbow from under my night stand. I smile. She hands it to me.

"I want to take this with." I nod and put it in my weapons suitcase. I have my assault rifle, two AK47s, four revolvers, two pistols and my sniper. I earned each of these guns. I'm taking them with.

The driver pulls up and takes our stuff. I stop him from taking my weapons suitcase and I keep it in front with me.

We arrive at the jet. We get in and take a seat in the creame colored seats. Alita sits across from me.
A flight attendant comes to us.

"Good Morning misses. My name is Nina. Do you want anything to drink? It'll be a 4 hour flight."

"Can I have a glass of rosé?" Alita asks.

"I'll have a glass of whiskey and bring six tequila shots." She nods and walks away.

"Someone's thirsty?" I lean back into my seat and stare outside the window.

"You have no idea. It's going to be a long flight."