Second

Eric was on his way to uni. He's been happy so far with his choice. He was finally able to study what he really liked, dance. Today was his first day there. He had already found a dance studio, to which he went yesterday. People had been very welcoming, and he had already talked to one of the boys there, Kim Sunwoo. He was the same age as Eric, so they got along very well. Sunwoo had been very cool with him, accepting him almost instantly. Eric got to his classroom early. It wasn't usual for him to be early, but since he just transferred, and didn't really have the sense of how far uni was from his place, he got messed up in the time zones as well. Eric just arrived from the USA a few months ago, so it was still kinda hard to adapt. Once he got in the classroom, he sat at the back, and started fumbling with his phone for a moment, before he heard someone sit next to him. He looked up, and saw one of the boys that were in practice yesterday as well.

"Aaaaah, I'm so glad I was right and didn't embarrass myself!" The boy excitedly said, and held his hand out for Eric to shake. "You were at studio 9's practice yesterday right?" Eric just nodded, dumbfounded by the outburst of energy from the boy. "I thought so, Sunwoo talked to you. I'm Ji Changmin, I'm majoring in dance!"

"I-I'm Eric, well I'm also Youngjae, call me whatever you like." He finally shook the boy's hand, reciprocating his smile.

"Eric? Where is this from?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, curious.

"I'm from Los Angeles, in the USA. Well, I was born in Korea, but spent most of my life in the US." He smiled a little. He wasn't usually this forward, but something about the taller boy put him at ease.

"That must be so though!" His mouth was agape. "So, your parents moved back with you? How old are you?"

"No, I'm alone, they're sending me money so I can pay for the apartment I'm renting, and I'm searching for a job on the side. And I'm 19!"

"Oh you're such a warrior. I could have never done that at just 19 years old. I can barely do it now, at 21."

Changmin laughed wholeheartedly, his whole chest moving up and down. Eric couldn't help but smile. Maybe things would be even better than planned. He felt hopeful for the few years he'd have to spend here. The teacher arrived, and Changmin just had time to write his number on a piece of paper.

"If you need anything just text or call me! And next practice, come see me, I'll introduce you to the other guys!"

Eric smiled and nodded. He definitely made a friend, and things will definitely only get better form here. Well, that's what he thought at least.