39. Reminiscence I

Start from the beginning

Kim Jaehyun couldn't see where they were coming from but he could instinctively tell that there were many of them.

Five or seven maybe?

Suddenly storm clouds gathered above and around Kim Jaehyun, covering the entirety of the room and only leaving a spall space around him. The lamps that had lit themselves were blown out and only the streaks of lightening within the clouds provided light.

Kim Jaehyun looked upwards and then asked, "so which one of you is coming with me?"

The roars thundered and a voice that was like a vicious whisper yet echoed like a shout said, Insolent human! You dare show yourself to us?!

Kim Jaehyun replied, "well I came here to summon a beast that would serve me, if you're not down for that I suggest you withdraw, I have no business with you then."

Fool! This time the voice sounded more feminine, we are superior beasts, your power cannot measure up to ours yet you ask us to serve you?

"Don't put words in my mouth, I said if you don't want to, then leave. Why are you still here?"

Before the female beast could respond the  sound of a horses hooves beating powerfully could be heard from within the cluster clouds and all the other beasts immediately silenced themselves, no it was more like they hid away.

A deep voice like the crackle of thunder that followed after the light suddenly filled Kim Jaehyuns ears,

You amuse me human

Kim Jaehyun said with a lopsided smile, "is that so? Then why don't you serve me, I guarantee a life filled with amusement if you're by my side."

The beast laughed, you truly are arrogant.... and strange. Such a fierce aura.... is it vengeance? Or passion?

Kim Jaehyun frowned, "I assure you, it's neither of those."

Truly?

Kim Jaehyun nodded.

The beast laughed again, I see. There is also no certain malice within your heart

Kim Jaehyun tilted his head for a moment and then spoke, "So, what do you say?" Kim Jaehyun asked as if he was getting irritated.

You are impatient.

"That's because I really don't have time you see."

Then prove your worth

"Same goes to you," Kim Jaehyun answered nonchalantly. He folded his hands, his white tunic crumpling slightly as it tightened around his arms, faintly revealing his well defined muscles.

The beast let out a puzzled sound and Kim Jaehyun explained, "it's not fair if I'm the only one proving my worth, you should too. How do I know if you're worthy of being at my side? I too don't need weaklings."

Ha! What an interesting human you are... you ask me, a beast of superior rank to prove myself to you?

Then so be it!

"That's what I said," Kim Jaehyun readied himself, he was still projecting his aura this entire time and it hadn't wavered in the slightest.

The storm clouds around him writhed violently and bolts of yellow lightening descended, striking the ground with terrifying power.

Kim Jaehyun kept his gaze upwards towards the clouds, not at all deterred by the lightening. "Why don't you show yourself," he sneered.

How insolent you are