First Kiss

Shubman POV

He was wearing an oversized tee and had a towel wrapped around his waist.

I was lost in my thoughts and almost forgot that he asked me something.

"Hey you there?" Virat asked again.
"Oh h-hi Virat. What are you doing here?"
"I asked that first Shub."
"Um yea, I was just chilling, relaxing for a bit."
"Oh nice."
"But why are you here?"
"I couldn't sleep."

He then started taking his tee off. I couldn't help myself, I was just gazing at his ripped body. He has the perfect abs, and the tattoos compliment his strong arms.

He looked at me as he threw his tee on the poolside chair. I quickly looked away.

He then took off the towel wrapped around his waist and jumped into the pool in his swimming trunks.

At this point I was panicking. My heart was racing. I was actually scared that he would hear my heart throbbing if he came close to me.

I swam to the corner of the pool. Virat was swimming in laps across the pool.

He's a really good swimmer.

I calmed down as I took a few deep breaths. The cyan blue lights underwater lit up the pool. It also reflected on our faces.

After a few laps, Virat swam up to me and stood beside me. He rested his arms on the edge of the pool and looked at me. I purposely avoided looking back at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, realizing that I looked a bit lost.
"Uh yes. I- I'm fine."
"No one is fine when they say it like that."
"I'm just having some personal issues."
"I don't want to invade your personal space, but you can share anything with me if you wish to."
"I know Virat."
"Sharing your problems helps in reducing the burden, trust me."
He said that as he put an arm around my shoulder, comforting me.
"I've been a mess, especially in the past few days." I said, as I laid my head back, on his shoulder.
"Talk about it if you're comfortable." He started rubbing my head with his hand.

This is so relaxing. I feel safe in his arms. It feels like all my problems just vanished.
I closed my eyes.

"I am comfortable with you Virat. But I don't think it's the right time to talk about it."
"I understand. Just remember that I'm always here for you."

I opened my eyes and lifted my head. I turned my face towards his. He looked confused but gave me a reassuring smile.

I looked into his beautiful hazel brown eyes. Something came into me and I couldn't resist it.

I moved my face closer to his as I closed my eyes. Soon, my lips met his, and I started kissing him slowly. His lips were so soft. His beard was tickling my chin. It felt good.

I soon realised that he wasn't kissing back.
Oh shit-

I pulled back instantly, and looked at his face for a reaction. His face was expresseion-less. He just stood there looking straight into my eyes. I looked down, embarrassed.

Why did I have to do that? I should've controlled myself. He probably hates me right now. I ruined our friendship. God I hope this is a dream.

I felt so guilty. I soon felt tears forming in my eyes, and they rolled down my cheeks. I looked back up at Virat. He looked at me with sad eyes.

He came closer and gave me a hug.
I didn't expect this.
He gently rubbed my back, probably to stop me from crying.

He soon pulled away and left the pool. He wiped himself with the towel and put on his tee.

He walked out of the door and closed it behind him, without even looking back.

I've fucked up big time.

Virat POV

Shubman came close to me and started kissing me. This was totally unexpected. It took me time to register what was happening.

He suddenly pulled back himself and I could tell that he was really guilty. He looked down and looked back at me with tears in his eyes.

I felt bad for him so I tried to comfort him with a hug.

Too much was happening.

I think it's better to leave right now, before things go further.

I walked out without looking back at him.

I went to my room. My sleep had completely vanished. All I could think about was Shubman.

Maybe I shouldn't have went to the pool in the first place. Is this what was bothering Shubman? I don't want to hurt him, but I think I already have, by not kissing him back.

I've always admired him, but I'm not sure about my feelings towards him. Nor have I bothered to address those feelings.

I would be lying to myself, if I say that I had no idea about him possibly liking me. But now I think I was right.

I've sensed tension in the air so many times, when I'm around him. This kiss just confirmed it.

How do I feel about the kiss? I'd say I was not ready for it. Though, I think it was courageous of him to really go for it.

I really don't know how to deal with this situation. I'm his captain, I can't just ignore this and move on. I've to make sure that this doesn't affect Shubman's mental state, and he's able to concentrate on his game.

I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes, thinking about what I should do, as a captain.

He's a good kisser tho. I laughed at myself and soon drifted off to sleep.

(should the story go slower, or should i make it faster? comment your thoughts :)