Chapter one:EDITED

||update date 07-02-13|| - this book has been edited by @lynn_ferns

COMMENT, VOTE & FAN :D

CHAPTER ONE

I was looking out the window to the woods. My heightened sense helped me hear the laughter of children playing outside a few yards away. Someone knocked on the door and I turned to see who it was. I opened it to find my mother and her guards.

I wasn’t like any other princess; I could fight. Sometimes after school I would hang out with some of the warriors and do a little sparring.

“Are you ready to leave, Katherine?” the sweet voice of my mother asked, she was from Romania and so she had that accent; she is the granddaughter of count Dracula.

“Why yes mother. I don’t have to pack; it’s the same old, same old.” I had everything I needed in my father’s mansion so I never had to pack every time I moved, “when will he be here? And where is it this time?”

“Well my darling, I’ve spoken with your father, your new personal guards will arrive shortly to take you and this time it will still be here in Tennessee. I have a little business over at Australia, you know, rogue vampires.”

“Alright then, so who might my new personal guards be? You both do know I’m stronger than them and it will be me that would protect them, not the other way around, right?” My mother laughed and I saw the two body guards behind her smirking. “Yeah, keep smirking, boys. I am also stronger than the two of you.”

My mother turned and laughed at them. The guards and royals, we’re all a family. The guards knew when to get serious and when to have fun, “Why, darling, your new guards are Alex Fox and Isaac Zink. Do you know of them?”

Zink and Fox… Might they be the sons of James and Camellia Zink, and Albert and Bethany Fox?

 “I think I might know of their parents or grandparents. I guess I have. After all it’s been one hundred years since I’ve seen the wolves.”

“Such a pity that they aren’t immortals like us, you have to see some of them die, I wonder how I would live if it’s your fathers time, I might as well find that damn tree and-“ those sad words of my mother directed the hatred of the guards toward my father.

“My queen,” my mother turned to the guard who bowed his face. “Oh Henry. I was just joking, and if I do die, Katherine will be there to take care of all of you. Maybe by the time Balthazar and I are no longer in existence the world of vampires and werewolves would learn to play nice.”

Someone knocked the door again and I nodded for one of the two guard of my mother to open it. He was talking to maybe another guard; I guess my ride was here. I know I have heightened senses and I can hear the werewolves in here no matter where the pack is. I just choose to shut it out.

The guard closed the door and came back to us, “The mutts are here to take you, my princess.”

“My princess, seriously? Its Katherine, call me that alright? It’s my name and FYI I’m half mutt, thank you very much.” I grabbed my purse and walked out the door with my mother by my side and the guards behind.