Chapter 1: Memories

Kiyo POV

In the hospital inside the school campus

I opened my eyes slightly but immediately closed it afterwards due to the blinding light that I saw when I opened my eyes for a bit. After closing it, I tried to open it again to be able to see what's happening around me and everytime I do so, I'm beginning to see things clearer than before. Suddenly, while I was trying to open my eyes, I heard a girl's voice shouting near me. She kept shouting,

"Doctor! Doctor! Kiyotaka regained his consciousness! Doctor!"

'Huh? Kiyotaka? Who is that?'

After shouting and shouting in here, I saw her ran out of the room with my still slightly blurred eyes. It looks like she has a long hair tied into a ponytail and it's around waist length. I couldn't quite see the color though.

Slightly after she ran outside, I began to see things clearly now. After looking around, I noticed that I was in a hospital room, and I am injected by something that lets the liquid in that bag flow through my body. It also seems that I am now alone in this room after that girl from earlier left to call the doctor.

After analyzing the situation I'm in, someone went inside the room and from the uniform he is wearing, I believe he is a doctor of this hospital and the doctor that, that girl shouting earlier called.

"Ayanokouji-kun can you see me?"

The doctor asked while waving his hand in front of my eyes. Is he perhaps talking to me? And who is Ayanokouji?

"Are you perhaps talking to me? Yeah, I can see you but who are you?"

"Yes, Ayanokouji-kun. I am a doctor of this in-school hospital."

"Huh? Who is this Ayanokouji and Kiyotaka person? And where did she go?

I am referring to the girl who shouted earlier asking the doctor to come to this room.

"What? You don't remember your name? And she? Oh her..., she went to call the teacher in-charge of Class D."

"Yeah, wait, then what is my name? Ayanokouji or Kiyotaka?"

"Doctor, what happened to Kiyotaka!!??"

Hmm? The girl from earlier shouted suddenly, she seems to have overheard a bit of my conversation with the doctor. She's also with another woman right now. I believe she is the teacher in-charge that the doctor said.

"Calm down, Karuizawa-san, for now we'll check his brain scan and find out about what's causing his amnesia. For now, we should at least be thankful that he is once again conscious and pray for his condition to get better."

Karuizawa huh? So that's her name...

"Hmm...okay. Can I stay with him for now?"

Eh? Why would you want to stay with me? But hey, that's better than staying in this room alone, right?

"Yes sure, by the way, the results for the MRI scan should be out in a week or two."

"Yes, thank you Doctor."

The doctor then left the three of us in this room.

"Ayanokouji how are you feeling now?"

The teacher in-charge of Class D or so they say, asked me and I feel like her voice is different from before. I don't remember how it sounds exactly, it just feels kinda off for me.

"Ayanokouji, that's me, right? Oh well, My head still hurts a bit and I can't even remember who I am. Do you guys mind telling me what happened?"

"As for what happened to you that caused you to be brought to the hospital or even worse have amnesia, we don't know anything about it. We're still investigating that part but if it's about what happened to you in this school during your first year to before the special exam, I believe Karuizawa here can tell you about it."