The Sky is Falling

Professor McGonagall strolled down the corridor. A week until the end of term... ahhh. She inhaled slowly....

*Music from Frozen 2, When I'm Older, comes on*

*Da-na-na-na-na-na-DANADANA!*

...and a frown appeared on her face.

Dang it! The stench from the Marauder's latest prank (dubbed 'Pooplosion' by James) still hadn't faded!! McGonagall shuddered to even think about it; from the name, I suspect that you might be able to guess at what the prank entailed. Especially since I'll add it took place right near the boy's bathroom.

She continued walking, trying to avoid inhaling if possible.

A whisper interrupted her. "But, Pads, if we blow up the Great Hall-"

"Mr. Potter!" she called out resignedly, without even opening her eyes. Aaand that's how you know James Potter had been doing these things for many, many years.

Then, feeling like she might as well, McGonagall added, "And Mr. Black... Perhaps Lupin and Pettigrew, hmm?"

When she opened her eyes to look at all four boys assembled in front of her, all wearing, 'I am a innocent good boy with no intention to blow up anything--DID I MENTION INNOCENT???' looks.

Needless to say, McGonagall was not fooled.

"Please, Mr. Potter, do not blow up the Great Hall," Minerva McGonagall said. "We might have to expel you."

"Aw, Professor," James said affectionately. "You'd never expel us."

"Why is that?" Blast that rising bubble of laughter!

"My Transfiguration marks are too high," James answered immediately. "And Sirius's parents would be angry with the school, Remus is an outright genius, and Peter--erm--uh--"

"Peter's too innocent," Sirius said. "James and I are the real bad ones."

"That's for sure," Remus muttered.

Minerva raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? Well, rest assured that you can be expelled. Or the very least, serve detention till your children are sixty."

"Is that your age?" James asked cheekily, and was quelled at McGonagall's glare.

"Mr. Potter, and Mr. Black," she said sternly, evenly, "I do not want to hear any news about the Great Hall blowing up."

"How come you singled us out?" James demanded.

"You said it yourself," McGonagall said, deciding as soon as she finished this conversation, she'd have to go back to her room and laugh. She had an image to maintain, after all.

"True," Sirius said. McGonagall bit the inside of her cheek. "Fine, Professor. We won't blow up the Great Hall."

"Good," McGonagall sighed.

"Why'd you promise?" James asked Sirius as four boys pushed down the corridor.

"I promised nothing," Sirius said, looking dignified.

"What? We all hear you. 'We won't blow up the Great Hall'."

"I said no such thing," Sirius said.

"Blowing up the Great Hall might happen, Moony said so-"

The resident person-who-kept-his-friends-from-killing-themselves-and-played-babysitter nodded.

"I said, 'We won't blow up the Great Hall'," Sirius grinned. "Then added under my breath, "'At least, not when you can hear about it."

"So... we can still do it?"

"Mate, did you just hear me, or are your ears too clogged up with antlers?"

"Oh you did not!"

"Oh yes I did!"

Professor McGonagall, on her way to her bedroom, passed the courtyard and froze, taking in the extremely... unexpected... scene.

Then she shook her head. She couldn't possibly be seeing a stag wresting a shaggy dog to the ground

Perhaps she should call St. Mungos....

---

"Minnie's out on vacation to Hogsmeade!"

"Alright!" James sat up, his half-completed essay falling to the floor. "Come on!"

---

"James, are you still flying?"

"Yup!" It's really high-MOONY, DON'T MAKE ME FALL!"

"My Moony never would-"

"SHUT UP SIRIUS I'M THE ONE WHO MIGHT BREAK MY NECK-"

"IF YOU WEREN'T FLYING I'D-"

"Just jump on top of Remus!" Peter offered.

"TRAITOR!"

"Maybe I should..."

"Don't make me break up with you," Remus warned.

"Fine..." Sirius sighed.

As this was happening, McGonagall decided to return to Hogwarts.

DUNDUNDUN! WILL OUR HEROS PREVAIL???

Lily: Good job, Waiting. DOWN WITH THE ARROGANT TOERAG!

Me: Lily, please...

Professor McGonagall stepped into the Great Hall, on her way to her classroom. She strolled across the room, nearly bumping into Remus, Peter, and Sirius.

"Hello boys," she greeted. "Where's James?"

"Hello, Professor," the boys politely responded, then went mute.

"Well? Where is he?"

Mute.

"Causing trouble?" Professor McGonagall could smell pranks a mile away.

Lily: Literally?

Me: NO! NOT LITERALLY! DUH!!

Lily: Sheesh...

"MOONY! I FOUND IT!"

"What was that?" McGonagall asked.

"What was what?" Sirius asked, playing for safety.

"THE CEILING, MOONY! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?"

McGonagall's eyes trailed upwards. "James Potter?"

Crap. Sirius shot Remus a look.

McGonagall found her voice-

Lily: Where was it?

Me: FIGURE OF SPEECH, LILY! FIGURE! OF! SPEECH! NOW, CAN I PLEASE NARRATE??!!

McGonagall found her voice. "Detention," she croaked out. "My office."

Her eyes wide, she turned around and strode out the door. "Also, would someone get Mr. Potter down?"

She'd just made it outside when the Great Hall exploded.

Lily: DID THEY GET SERIOUSLY INJURED? THANK YOU, THANK YOU WAITING! WITH A BROKEN LEG, JAMES CAN'T TRY TO ASK ME OUT!!

Sadly for Lily Evans, all boys were found under a pile of wreakage. Intact.

Lily: GOSH DARN IT-

Sirius: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!

Well, unless you counted the scent of burning hair that filled the room, coming from Mr. Sirius Black's head.

Sirius: MY PRECIOUS, BOOTYFUL HAIR...