The PK Academy PsyKickers

Începe de la început

"Have a crush on Kusuo?"

Akechi stayed quiet. He thought anything he said now would only embarrass him further, but his silence seemed to be better proof.

Toritsuka felt a bit guilty now.

"Hey, I was joking, but... Do you?"

Akechi had turned a bright red. He continued to look down. He opened his mouth, meaning to say something, anything to make the situation less embarrassing, but all that came out was a weak croak.

That was a first.

"Is that why... You're always following him around and stuff? And talking to him all day long? You're actually in love with Saiki-san?"

Maybe it was better to stay quiet. At least this once.

"Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Sorry if we embarrassed you. Ghost Perv is an even bigger jerk than Kusuo."

"Kusuo-kun... Jerk,"

Akechi meant to say something, but he was mumbling.

"What? You're speaking very quietly. What did you say?" Aiura asked.

"Kusuo-kun is not a jerk..."

Toritsuka chuckled.

"No way, you're actually in love with him! That's kinda hilarious. But why? He seems to be as rude to you as everyone else?"

Akechi knew there wasn't anything he could say to deny it. It was too late now.

"W-well, I do admit, he can be a bit insensitive sometimes, but he saved me."

"Saved you? " Aiura asked. "From what?"

"Well, I could say that Kusuo-kun saved me from a great many things, not all of which are literal. Primarily, he saved me from bullies back in the first grade. I was getting constantly picked on because of my loquacious nature, so naturally I was a bit of a target. I suppose you could I had a 'target on my back'? Of course, I'll it'd only be a metaphorical target, since as you can see, there is nothing on my back except my clothing. I can tell by the annoyed expression you're displaying that I'm getting off track. Anyway, he made it to where I was never bullied again, at least not in the same harsh and unfair manner as I was in first and second grade. He also healed me after I was picked on. I had bruises and scrapes all over my limbs and torso, but he healed me back to my original state. It was truly a miracle, and I appreciate it every time it crosses my mind. I suppose you could also say that he saved me from being alone. I didn't nor do I currently have very many friends, so Kusuo-kun's presence has always made me feel a little less lonely. I like to spend time with him even now, that he's developed what you may call 'tsundere tendencies'. Even if now, our relationship is strictly platonic, I think I'd still be happy."

Aiura was hopping up and down and clapping her hands.

"Oh, that's so sweet! I never knew about all that. You should, like, totally confess!"

Akechi looked up and frantically waved his hands around.

"I can't! No, I can't."

Toritsuka threw his arm around Akechi's shoulder.

"Why not? You guys are perfect for each other. Saiki's a jerk, and you put up with it. Are you afraid he'll say no?"

Akechi shook his arm off his shoulder.

"That's not it. Well, not entirely. If I tell him, he'll probably say no, but that's not the problem. If I tell him, he'll start avoiding me. I've noticed that Teruhashi-san and Aiura-san both have a crush on him as well."