Chapter 5: The Library

Start from the beginning

"A family of vampires keeping books about vampires. Ironic." (Y/N) said in a joking tone, sliding the book back to its original place. Daniela huffed, catching his attention as he looked at her in slight fear that he had done something wrong.

"Do families of humans not keep books that have humans in them?" She replied, pressing her head against his neck as if she was snuggling against him. It confused (Y/N) as much as it scared him. The woman seemed to return to an earlier plan, her mouth widening as she made to bite into the man's neck.

(Y/N) took a deep breath, his heart racing as he braced for pain. Just before it came, Daniela paused, her sight settling on one of the books on the shelves. "Oh, hey. Have you ever read this one?" She reached a hand around him so she could grab another book.

(Y/N) examined the cover that the redhead held in front of his face. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. They owned Harry Potter books?!

"You have Harry Potter? And here I was thinking your family only owned books from the 20's." (Y/N) was surprised to see a book like this in such an old school castle. Daniela almost choked him as she pulled him into a sudden hug. Her face showed absolute joy as she learnt that her pet had a shared interest in the wizarding world novels.

"You've read these?" She asked, turning the man around to face her as she held the book behind him. (Y/N) looked over her hungry yet attractive face, as if the new knowledge made her all the more thirsty for his blood. He was in half the mind to simply say no. Though it'd end in a 50/50 between good and bad.

"I mean, y-yeah. I read all the books when I was younger." He replied with a single drop of sweat running down him as the redhead smiled.

"I have the first book in my quarters. Perhaps we could read it together." Daniela thought aloud, looking at (Y/N) for confirmation.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." He mumbled, looking away from her. Daniela narrowed her eyes, instantly grabbing him by the jaw and turning him to face her again.

"Would you rather I strung you up in shackles and bled you dry?" Her voice instantly lost its playful tone, her threat sounding fully serious as she stared a hole through him. (Y/N) froze, registering her words and instantly going back on his own.

"You know what? Your idea sounds great. I'll read with you." He said hastily, bringing a smile to her face again. Daniela slid her hand over his shirt covered shoulder, ripping the fabric and running her tongue over the skin.

Her fangs revealed themselves again, baring a grin as she bit down into his shoulder. (Y/N) flinched and groaned, but it wasn't painful to the point of screaming. It did feel odd to have his blood drained though. It made him woozy in a way.

"Mmm." Daniela hummed as she drank, enjoying her meal for a few more seconds before returning to licking the wound a couple times. "You're so cute." She whispered, releasing you. "I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't go anywhere, lovely." Daniela finished before fading into a swarm of flies and disappearing through the halls.

At least Daniela had a way with words. Good taste in books, too. From all his experiences so far, (Y/N) could say everyone was bearable except for Cassandra: Satan's sadistic little daughter.

"I see that my younger sister likes you." (Y/N) jumped as another feminine voice cut through his thoughts. He spun around as he knew who the speaker was. What a coincidence. Cassandra leant against one of the bookshelves, tapping her sickle on the wood.