Chapter 3: Friends

Eustace's POV

This girl was beautiful. Her long brown hair blew in the wind and her eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"You can't put away your dagger. I'm not going to hurt you." I told her.

She seemed to think about it for a second then put it back in its holder.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"Me? I don't want anything. I was just walking and saw you sitting here alone so I thought you mite be lost." I told her.

"Is that why you snuck up on me?" She asked me. "Because I was alone?"

"Of course not! I wasn't even trying to sneak up on you in the first place" i told her. "I guess you just didn't see me coming." I said with a small smile.

Her face remained straight. Then she said "Well thanks for your concern but I'm fine."

I give her a slight nod. "Where are you headed?" I asked her.

"Telmar" she tells me.

"No way! Me too!" I say with a smile. "I'm visiting a friend there."

"That's nice" she says picking up her bag from the ground.

"How about you? What's your business in Telmar?" I ask her.

"Same as you. Visiting a friend." She says.

"Well since we're going to the same place, do you mind if I tag along with you?" I ask.

She smiles. "No not at all" she says. She then picks up her things and we head off. This is going to be fun I think to myself with a smile and I follow after her.