❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴

Start from the beginning

And attached to the long stick, hands and legs bound by rope, the big catch the hilichurls were looking forward to eating... was none other than (Y/N). The person Aether and Paimon had spent days searching for, mere minutes away from death.

(Y/N) roughly face planted against the sand, angered complaints aimed at the hilichurl muffled as they ate a mouthful of sand. Their legs were quick to plop on the ground after as the other hilichurl let go of its end of the stick to give its friend backup.

"Eh? What're you doing here Paimon?" (Y/N) questioned and blinked repeatedly after they spat out the sand that had gotten into their mouth, their cheek leaning against the hot grains as they looked up at the familiar face with a stupid looking grin.

"DONT ACT SO NONCHALANT!" Paimon shouted as tears welled up in her eyes. (Y/N) was unable to see Paimon fully as they were still tied up and pressed against the ground, no hopes of getting out without someone cutting or un-tying the ropes.

The one hilichurl Paimon was pounding her fists on started swatting at her more frantically while its companion bent down to pick up some rocks on the ground. The ones that were dancing by the fire were already prepping themselves for a fight, one rushing over with a flaming mace, the other holding a flimsy wooden bow, readying an arrow to shoot.

Paimon's eyes shot wide open as she realized the situation she was in, all of the creature's hostile eyes focused on her for stepping in their territory and ruining their party mood.

The whistle of an arrow shooting out and soaring towards Paimon's direction made her squeeze her eyes tightly shut, bracing for the impact and maybe even her impending doom. She was too distracted with saving (Y/N), she forgot she had arrived with her best friend and travel companion.

Paimon was tackled out of the air as Aether held the small girl to his chest, his arms wrapping around her protectively. The arrow whizzed past and snagged a small strand of his hair, though none of that mattered as top priority was everyone's safety.

He rolled once against the ground, unable to stop himself as he had practically leaped off from the ground to get to Paimon in time. Sand flew up behind him as he skidded to a stop, his knees slightly bent and one of his legs coming into contact with the ground, resulting in him landing in a kneeling position. Paimon opened her eyes and gasped, tears pricking the corner of them as she smiled brightly up at the boy who just saved her.

"Aether! Aether, they're going to roast (Y/N)! Look by the pot, there's seasoning and everything!" Paimon shouted as she pointed, and just as she said, there were leaves with salts and other spices on them as well as plants and fruits sizzling in the pot.

Aether sent her a quick reassuring smile before letting her free from his hold, Paimon steadying herself in the air quickly and gathering back her composure. He held his hand out to the side and summoned his sword, looking up and narrowing his eyes at the four hilichurls who were readying up another attack.

He dashed forward and the soft teal color of his clothing began to glow as he activated the anemo power that was granted to him. He made quick work of the hilichurl that Paimon was beating up, making an upward slice as he gripped his sword with two hands.

"HYAH!" He shouted, the mask falling off the monsters face and splitting in two, blood immediately spurting out of the wound before the creature dissipated into nothing.

He looked down to see (Y/N), who was cheering him on while dramatic tears flew down their face along with snot coming out of their nose as they shouted to 'beat their asses' for trying to hurt Paimon.

Aether gave a brief nod before looking at the next hilichurl, who was pathetically readying to throw a rock. He readied his sword before lifting it up and slicing it rapidly three times in a row, his earring glowing bright as gusts of wind shot from his blade, three strikes of anemo slicing up the creature making it stumble back.