Kevin jumps at the opportunity to dote Jimin, his most recent favorite activity. "I feel like you haven't spent enough time in our department lately, Jin-ssi," he sasses. "We take superior care of him. Jimin-ssi is our knight in shining armor. I mean literally, he just..." he blinks dreamily, hands crossing his face in slow motion, "shines!"

Jimin spurts a laugh and covers it up immediately in utter embarrassment. Meanwhile Jungkook has deadpanned because Kevin is absolutely right about Jimin having a superstar aura to himself. 

"He is the biggest trouble-maker isn't he?" Jin points with his eyes at Kevin, who gasps when Jungkook pitches in too.

"I can testify."

"What have I-"

"Hush, the elders are speaking," Jin cuts him short, focusing on Jimin. This is the part where he launches his plan, sucks the gossip out of their new employee and doesn't stop until he has licked every drip of sauce from his fingertips. "Now gimme something to work with, sweetie."

Jimin ohs indecisively, glancing at Jungkook for help. It's cute how the pink on his cheeks spills over to his nose when he blushes, Jungkook thinks before blinking back to reality.

"Gotta give him something to work with, sweetie," he snorts although he is cringing at what  he said too. Jimin bites back a knowing smile (which Jungkook is momentarily unsure how he feels about), then glances back at an expecting Jin.

"The team has been great with accommodating me. They are kind and very smart. I'm lucky to be working with them. Very grateful."

"Mm. But?"

"Well," the corners of Jimin's lips lift higher as he gradually says, "There is actually someone... who was being a little too formal with me. They weren't rude or anything, but you know, they were being a little too diplomatic," every syllable pops at a higher pitch, and by the time Jimin completes his description, he has written Jin a masterpiece to 'work with, sweetie'.

The intensity in Jungkook's stare.

Words would be enough to describe it.

Maybe he should hire Jimin to do it for him, since he is so good at composing songs out of sensitive memories. Great idea.

No, it's actually not a great idea because Jungkook is not pissed. He is at least a little annoyed, but he is mostly leaning towards embarrassment. He just didn't expect Jimin to bring up a touchy subject, knowing that said subject encompassed their ill-kept chemistry five years dating back, which they barely touched upon over an apartment visit. It has been four days since that talk and now their mistakes are sitting over a Steakhouse table waiting to be ripped apart by Jin the Butcher.

Suits him well. 

Jungkook scoffs when Jin hums throatily at the prospect. Jungkook can see him plot at least five scenarios in his head just this second.

"There is something there," each eyebrow twitches once.

"Is it me?" Kevin practically shouts across the table, coiling when everybody stares at him. He is being too dramatic but that's nothing new.

"Of course not, Kevin," Jimin responds, shaking his head playfully at him too. "Remember I picked you as my favorite last week?"

Kevin melts to his seat at that sweet tackling, and Jungkook has to suppress a groan when he sees him blush hard. It's too early in the afternoon to get a headache but Jungkook can sense it crawling under his sculp, very slowly, almost painfully softly.

"Let me tell you something Jimin-ah," Jin says. "If there is one thing you need to know about me, it is that I love people. I love being around people, and I love to make people around me comfortable."