The group. Chapter 2.

I woke up excitedly yet nervous because today was the day that I had to show the boys how good I was at baseball and if I can join their group.

"Ugh what time is it?" I groaned checking my phone. "Frick! I was supposed to meet them at the sandlot at 9:00 but it's 9:16!" I said eagerly jumping out of my bed.

I put on a Black and white checkered shirt and light jeans with my shirt tucked in and some White Vans and darted for the front door without saying a goodbye to anyone.

BENNYS
Point of view.

"Come on guys, she'll come! Just wait." I said hopping that she would actually come. "Just face it Benny, your little girlfriend is not gonna come." Yeah-yeah said laughing a bit. "She's not my girlfriend! Gosh" I groaned while blushing a bit.

Just then I saw someone running towards the dugout and realized that it was Clara! Yes yes YES! "See guys! She's here" I exclaimed. "I am so sorry for being late I woke up a few minutes ago because my stupid alarm wasn't working but now I'm ready to prove y'all I can play ball." Clara said while smirking.

All of the boys groaned and said okay.

"Yes! Now where's my bat?" Clara asked in a stern tone. "right here cLaRa" squints said. "Shut up you little twat and thank you." Clara said while ripping the bat out of squints hand. "Man your mean" tommy said oddly.

"Yeah yeah whatever let's go play ball so I can show you I'm worth being in your group" Clara excitedly said.

CLARAS
Point of view.

As I was walking to my spot I noticed Benny watching me while blushing, I thought to myself dose he like me? No! That couldn't be possible... I just got here!

I stepped in my place while focusing on the pitcher which was Kenny. It seemed like watching Kenny was my only priority in life right now.

I smirked at Kenny hoping that would signal him to throw the ball. And he did. At first I was really nervous thinking that I wouldn't make it and make a fool of myself in front of EVERYONE, but no, I hit that ball like it was no tomorrow.

I dropped my bat instantly and darted to first base. Everyone was shocked. "Wow..." Benny said underneath his breath. Just then I got to second base and got up quickly then darted to third base.

YES! I GOT TO THIRD BASE!

"Told ya so" I said smirking. Everyone was shocked and challenged me to go again, so I did.

About an hour or two Benny finally spoke, "oh my gosh guys! When will you let her join the group? She's gotten a homer like 30 times! I think she can join the group plus it's started to get late." Benny smiled nervously at me.

"Please you just want to see your little girlfriend everyday and watch her play that's why" yeah-yeah said. "Shut up! She's not my girlfriend" Benny said with his cheeks bright red. "Yeah! He's not my boyfriend yeah-yeah. And it is getting late so I think we should call it day oh and by the way, I'm joining your group no matter what." I spoke sternly.

"Alright fine, cya guys tomorrow" yeah-yeah said. Everyone said their goodbyes but me and Benny.

"So Benny boy, I noticed you blushing at me early."I laughed walking with Benny. "Oh Ummm really?? I didn't even noticed" he said nervously. "It's okay Benny I don't care if you were blushing or not. It's not like you have a crush on me" I laughed. "Yeah... a crush. I mean I don't have a crush on you" he said embarrassed. "It's fine Benny, really. Anyways this is our stop. Cya tomorrow, Benny boy" I said smiling. "Not if I see you first" he smirked. I laughed while walking back inside.

"You look dead." Lake said. "Cause I am. Oh and I'm going over to the sandlot again tomorrow so that's where I'll be" I said "okay..." lake said oddly. I ignored it though cause I was too tired to talk.

I went into my bathroom and showered. That nice warm feeling to my skin wiping off all of the dirt and sweat from my body.

I got out of the bathroom and dried off and changed into some Nike shorts with an oversized T-shirt that said "Texas" with the color of the shirt orange. I put my hair up into a bun and brushed my teeth cause I didn't feel like eating.

I plopped down into my bed and texted Benny.

Hey Benny boy.

I'm bored so wanna talk?

Helloooooo

BENNY

I'm gonna spam you

BENNY

Bennyboyy

Ugh your annoying

After what felt like 10 minutes he finally replied.

Sorry Clara I was taking a shower

And I'm not annoying!

A matter of fact, I'm perfect.

anyways what did you wanna talk about?

Ugh finally he replied!

I wanted to talk about maybe...

Hanging out tomorrow? I mean it said that it would rain

So I can't really actually go to the sandlot

Even though I told my brother lake that I would be going to the sandlot tomorrow

But oh well

I texted back eagerly.

Well I'd be happy to hangout with you

But where?

Benny responded and I never knew that I would be so happy over a text!-

Umm maybe.. your house? My house isn't finished since I just moved.

I texted back wondering what he'll say

Oh okay! Sounds good.

What time?

He asked in the text.

Umm 3:00? So I could have a little sleep?

I asked.

Sure! Anyways, cya tomorrow!

Bye Clareloo

Clareloo... I like that nickname.

Bye Benny boy

I set my phone down and went to sleep happy and wondering what me and Benny are gonna do.

I'm actually quite proud of this chapter! It took not really long for me to make which is good because I though it would take longer LMAO anyways a new chapter will maybe come out today!! Anyways byee!

Sunday, June 20th, 2021