"Good, I'm sure Heidi would like not having to borrow me her clothes." 

"They suit you well though. We should leave you to your nightly habits. Goodnight."

"Night." I was glad to be alone. I wasn't tired yet so I made a list of stuff I needed like clothes, shoes for both hot and cold weather, a charger for my phone and art supplies, shower stuff, a stash of chocolate, epipen in case I ingest something with mushroom in it, birth-control pills to help keep my periods in control, because I do still have those though not as bad as before, of course also pads, I think that's all.

Then I took a shower and went to bed.

The following morning I felt a presence near. "Get up." The blankets were pulled away.

Stretching and sitting up I looked Jane in the eye. "Good morning miss Jane." I greeted her politely.

"Get dressed properly. We're leaving after your breakfast. Don't be late." She left at that. I quickly got dressed and did my routine not wanting to give her reason to dislike me more.

After I had a quick breakfast of coffee and one sandwich, we went into town. Yesterday I had learned a few Italian phrases to help me make sure I wasn't being scammed or anything.

Out in town I had a good time, it was market day and seeing all these stalls with various foods and trinkets and some with clothes was interesting. At some point I ended up with Jane and Felix. Demetri and Alec had been sent out to go shopping for stuff the castle needed. Heidi went to do some shopping for the women in the clan.

"So what do you need?" Felix asked.

"I have the most important things already so now I just need to get to the clothes shopping. and shower stuff. Any stores you recommend?" my stomach grumbled.

"First food for the human." we found a stall selling Sicilian street food when...

"Watch out!" the roof bit from one of the stalls came falling down when the stall fell apart. Felix caught the roof bit before it hit me while Jane pulled me away roughly. I lost my breath for a second due to the suddenness of it all.

"Thank you, Jane. I'm not hurt, so don't worry about blood." She nodded once in relief and let go of me. I got up and checked the fallen stall out. ah it was missing a few screws that were supposed to keep the whole thing up.

"Felix, can you put it down? I need you to get some tools for me." My mind was running with what I needed. I instructed him and assured that Jane would be able to keep an eye on me by herself. In the meantime an old lady and a young boy had come from outside the house right behind the stall.

"Did you get hurt?" The boy asked in heavily accented English.

"No we're okay, don't worry." They were so relieved.

"I was so sure it would hold. This stall has withstood so much and so many years." He explained.

"It's just missing a few screws in important places. I sent a friend to get them for me. Oh here he is." I rebuilt the stall and put the screws in where they should be with a little help.

"Oh thank you dear, how can I repay you?" The boy translated for his grandma.

"By stopping. old hag." I nudged Jane in the arm lightly.

"There's no need to repay me. Just make sure to be more careful next time." My stomach grumbled louder than before. It prompted the old lady to offer me some free food in exchange for my help.

"If you insist." I got some Arancini to-go. when I finished the food and threw my trash in the proper bins, It didn't take long before I was done shopping. 

"Why did you help these useless, stubborn humans?" Jane asked with a huff.

"Why not? an old lady runs it with her grandson, I assume at least, I think the stall is all she has considering her age. if I can help keep it going for a bit, why not?" I shrugged. "It reminded me of my days in the army. something similar happened back then as well which made me often go out and help the villagers repair their homes and stalls."

"Do you miss those days?" Felix asked.

"Not always, the helping people with what I do best, yes. the fighting not so much... What's there?" I walked away through this alley. Ending up at a quiet square. there was one stall, a patch of grass and a tree, a few flowers were blooming, a man was performing on his acoustic guitar and singing softly. The square had a few alleys leading to it and was surrounded by houses. There were a couple of benches too. It reminded me about where Mark asked me to marry him. I sat down on a bench and reminisced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the guard is slowly warming up to their human guest. Well, aside from Maylene.

Now onto something important. One of you lovely readers made me realize that Leona's age difference with Alec is actually bigger than I thought. Leona is 24 now and Alec and Jane were 13-14 when they were turned. this is indeed a big difference. I tend to forget that bit due to how long ago they were turned.

Thank you for pointing this fact out to me though dealing with it will change a major part of where I planned my story to go. 

It won't be long now before Leona's gift will start showing itself. nor will it be long before yet another secret is revealed. what gift? what secret?

Find out more next time.

Have a nice week!!