"Alright Alright. I really don't know about your past. But I'm asking for just one dinner. After that if you decide to be just friends I will be okay with it. No pressure."

I thought for couple of minutes, what's harm in one dinner? And thing about my feelings about my boss, I'm sure those are just temporary infatuation. It can't be anything concrete. Also, there's rare chance Damian would also feel same thing about me. I'm sure he would have completely utterly forgotten about the kiss.

"Okay, but just one dinner." I tilted my head a little bit giving him a small smile.

"Thank you, I'm make sure you will have a great time."

I smiled, nodded, "When and where?"

"How about tonight? There's this amazing place with the most amazing Mexican menu? Wait do you like Mexican?"

"Yes I do. Sounds good to me."

"Okay I will come to pick you up at 7. Text me your address."

"I will."

"Okay see you later."

"See you." I said and went to Damian's cabin to tell him about the expense file.
.......................

"May I come in?"

"Come in." I heard his voice.

"Yes Jen?" He said looking up at me as I entered his cabin.

"I checked through this file. It will need few corrections. Should I discuss this with you now?"

"Um, right now I'm busy. How about after work we discuss this over dinner? Don't worry, I will pay overtime." He suggested.

But tonight's the date with Max.

"I know you will pay me overtime as you always do, but tonight I can't. I have plans. I'm sorry."

"Plans? With whom?" He looked up.

"I think that's none of your business." I said softly.

"It is. Because I want you to be present with the me for work purpose and you say you have got plans. I need to know your plans." He somewhat screamed and got up from his chair.

"Look still I don't have to tell you about my plans."

"Jen, I'm asking last time, with whom are you going out?" He asked with gritted teeth.
He was now standing beside me.

"Damian, why do you even care? You didn't even remember about........."
I just stopped. What was I saying? I was about to ask him about the kiss.
What am I thinking?

"What are you talking about Jen?"

"Nothing, look just let me go. This conversation is going nowhere."

"Remember what Jen?"

"Nothing, don't press it." I turned around so that he can't see my embarrassed face.

But I tend to forget he is a human being. He came and stood in front of me, holding my arms with his hands. I was looking at me feet, my heels. I have a pretty good pumps.

"Jen? What were you saying earlier? Be honest with me." He said in his soft voice, and there I melted.

Butterflies butterflies everywhere!

"You don't even remember about the kiss we shared." I looked up.

There you go!! I said it. On your face.....

****************
Hi peeps, hope I am giving you a good piece for reading. If you did enjoy, pls make sure to vote comment and follow me.

Question: What does happiness means to you?

Publish date: 25/07/21

Love,

A.