Chapter 7

CW: Self harm

Sal's POV))

1:46 AM. I sat awake in bed. I couldn't sleep, I missed Larry. I reached and opened my drawer, taking out a box. Inside were a few small blades, shards of glass from beer bottles, anything I could get around the house. I picked out a blade, rolled up my sleeve and dragged it across my arm leaving behind a deep red cut.
1 cut..
3 cuts...
6 cuts, 7, 8..
Blood dripped down my arm.
"What am I doing..." I shoved it back in the drawer and pulled my sleeve down. I laid back in bed, forcing myself to sleep.

3:12 AM. I shot up in bed, my sheets were soaked in a cold sweat. I started to feel the tears and reached for the walkie talkie, knowing there was a good chance he wasn't even awake.
"L-Larry?...." A few seconds later he answered in a groggy voice.
"Another nightmare?"
"y-yeah.. can you-.. can you come over?"
"Yeah, hold on." It went to static and then silence. I grabbed my pillow and hugged it, shoving my face into the soft fabric and trying to stop crying. Eventually I heard the door open and I looked up. "Are you okay, Baby?" He sat next to me and put an arm around my shoulders. I put the pillow down behind me then tried to talk but tears welled up in my eyes and I started sobbing instead.
"Shhhhhh, it's okay. Just breathe." He lifted me into his lap and began rocking back and forth. Through my tear-blurred vision I saw that my sleeve had been pushed up. I yanked my arm away from Larry, tugging my sleeve back down and looking up at him frantically to see if he had noticed. He frowned at me.
"Let me see." He gently grabbed my arm and started to push up my sleeve. There was no point in protesting, he already knew.
"You poor thing... What are we going to do with you, Sal?" He pulled me closer and rubbed my back.
"Lets get you fixed up, Baby." I tried to push myself off of him but he picked me up.
"Larry I-.. I'm okay..." He kept walking towards my bedroom door.
"No, Sal. You're not. You're hurt and we're going to fix it, okay?" I mumbled and went limp in his arms again. He took me into the bathroom and flipped the lights on then placed me on the counter next to the sink. I watched him pull a drawer open and start rummaging through it. He pulled out my dads first-aid kit and took out a small bottle of wound cleaner.
"This might sting a bit, okay?"
"Okay..." He poured some out onto a rag and I winced as he started dabbing it onto my cuts. He grabbed some bandages and began wrapping it around my arm. He tied it off and kissed my forehead.
"There we go. All better." He smiled at me softly and picked me up again to take me back to my room. He set me on my bed and sat down next to me.
"Should I go home or do you need me to stay tonight?"
"Can you stay?" I leaned into his shoulder and put my arms around him.
"Of course, Baby." He gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"Lets go to bed, Sal." He moved my pillow into place and folded back the corner of the blanket for me to get in. I made my way under the blankets and felt him get in behind me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to his chest. He fell asleep before me but it didn't take long for me to pass out.

Larry's POV))

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. Sal had turned over and had his face pressed into my bare chest with the blankets pulled up just over his nose. He had puffy eyes and his hair was fluffy with a couple of tangles here and there. He was perfect. I heard footsteps through Sal's apartment and the realization hit me that his dad was home. I froze with panic. The footsteps got louder and came closer to his room.
"Hey Sal, are you getting out of be-" His dad had just walked into the room and was now staring at me, shirtless, spooning his fucking son. I sat up and stared at him, Sal started mumbling and took a hand out from under the covers to rub his eyes. He Sat up, wiped the rest of the sleep from his face and looked around the room, to his dad, to me, then back to his dad.
"Heyyy, Dad..." His face flushed a darker red than I've ever seen on a person.
"Whatcha doing there, Larry?" My anxiety was tempted to cope by making an awful joke out of this all by saying something along the lines of 'not your son' but I knew it was a terrible idea.
"I- Uhm.. I-I just spent the night... Sal had uh-, a nightmare so I came over to make sure he was okay..." I was pretty sure he could here the fear in my voice. He's a really nice guy but my fucking god, he's intimidating. On top of that, he wasn't buying my story. He furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms.
"He's telling the truth dad, I got upset so I called him up here." The look on his face didn't change.
"You two should get ready for school. I'll drive you." Sal interrupted almost as soon as he finished talking.
"Actually, dad, can we walk to school?"
"Alright. I'm going to make breakfast. Dont get up to anything you two." I gave him an innocent smile.
"Dad, nothing is happening between us." He lied straight to Henry's face. We've made out multiple times in the past 3 days and I could see poorly-done makeup covering his hickeys.
"Dont worry, Sal. Take your time coming out." I could tell he was just joking around with that one, he had a dumb smile on his face that looked a lot like Sal's.
"Oh my god, dad, can you not?" Sal pushed his hands over his face and his dad let out a chuckle.
"Just messing around with ya Bud. Really though, you can tell me anything and you can take all the time you need." Henry gave us both a soft smile and left the room.
"That was a train wreck and a half." Sal mumbled through his fingers.
"Dude, it's fine. Your dads pretty chill I'm sure he wouldn't care." I put my hand on his shoulder and he took his off his face.
"I gotta run down to my apartment to grab a shirt. Go get yourself ready, I'll be right back so we can walk to 'school'." I smiled at him and chuckled. He look at me and nodded.
"See you in a bit, Blue."
"Bye, Larry."

Thats all the energy I can put into this chapter, Im exhausted fkkfjfj I'm gonna go sleep for approximately 2 years and 47 business days. Talk to yall when im back