010 ‑ I Don't Belong.

Start from the beginning

It was just like politics.

Everyone wanted to climb up to that hierarchy of relevance. How they didn't get exhausted by all the effort they made, baffled me.

I was able to gather all of that just by watching.

By being observant.

By listening and watching.

One thing I've learned in my years of being in this school was that you must always keep your eyes ahead but put your ears to the ground. I wasn't the most alert or attentive person when it came to schoolwork or listening during lessons, but I was pretty much attentive anywhere else.

Though entirely, I try to mind my business.

No one cared anyway.

I didn't matter to them and they didn't matter to me.

All I did was observe... and look away.

But what I didn't get was why I was so triggered when I overheard the discussion between Jidenna and one of the girls that walked with Hilary the other day, unintentionally finding out that the story going around about him and Hilary's breakup was false.

It finally made sense why she was crying in the empty classroom that day. It made perfect sense.

Why make so much effort to change a breakup story just to suit you? It was just a Breakup. It wasn't meant to be a big deal.

Instead, he instigated rumors against her, making things a whole lot messier.

He went through all that trouble, knowing the person he subjected to such ridicule was still hurting. She just lost her brother for heaven's sake. Even if Jidenna wanted to be a pussy about the entire situation and break up with her, he should have at least waited till after she recovered from the loss.

I felt really bad for her.

No one deserved to go through what she was going through. There is so much a person can take. It only shows that not everyone close to you can be trusted.

I just had to let him know that he was a Coward.

Only Cowards would act the way he did.

Someone knocked against my desk, bringing me out of my thoughts. Leviathan was still in my hand and it looked like I was reading the book whereas, my mind had drifted away.

Another knock hit against my desk and I looked up from my book to whoever was disturbing me. My eyes met two other pairs, Jidenna's and the guy he always walks with - I didn't care enough to remember his name. My brows automatically furrowed in a frown.

"Can I help you?" I asked, removing my headphones. I noticed the way everyone that was still in class stopped what they were doing to focus on us.

For God's sake...

"It's time for assembly." The other guy said, his expression hard while my brows furrowed as I looked between both of them

It's time for assembly. What should I do about that?

"So?"

The guy that had spoken to me first let out a short humorless chuckle, shaking his head at me. Jidenna sighed, leaning closer to me. His face still looked a bit bashed from Kizito's punch but it seemed to be healing up. I had not watched the fight, but I saw the video on the class group chat.

Not me being wicked, but Jidenna deserved it.

"Look," he started and I almost rolled my eyes. "I've allowed you to skip assembly since the beginning of the term. It's against the rules and regulations of the school. I can't keep compromising anymore." He stated matter-of-factly while I looked on, waiting for him to finish.