Chapter 27- My Personal Haven

Start from the beginning

"Mr Khanna it's okay.", I said gently holding his other hand.

"It's not okay Miss Mehta.", his grip on my hand tightened." Charles.", Mr Khanna yelled making everyone flinch including me.

He looked into my eyes and his gaze softened.

"Let's go home.", I said softly and pulled him with me."You guys manage here, will you?", I said to the three and they nodded.

The ride to NK villa was filled with deafening silence. He didn't say a single word, he was bottling his anger and I was afraid of what will be his next action.

As soon as we reached home, Mr Khanna stormed inside his room and I followed him hot on my heels. The door to his room was locked from inside and loud noises of things breaking were echoing in the hallway.

'Go to him.'

I knocked, once, twice and thrice. 

"Mr Khanna I'm not going without seeing you so you better open this damned door.", I exclaimed.

A few minutes later the door opened, I peeked inside and sure enough, the room looked as if a tycoon struck it. Cautiously, I stepped inside the room, Mr Khanna was facing the french windows, his cold eyes were glaring at the lawn.

"Mr Khanna."I approached him with careful steps.

Silence.

"Mr Khanna.", I tentatively placed my hand on his shoulder.

Silence.

I felt desperate, as if I didn't hear his cold voice, I'd lose my mind at that moment.

"Talk to me.", I whispered."Please."

 All of a sudden I was pulled into a warm embrace, Mr Khanna had his arms wrapped around me, his face was buried in my hair.

"I'll not let you go Miss Mehta.", he responded and a smile crawled to my face, finally he spoke something.

"I wasn't planning to go anywhere."

"Hmm?"

"Hmm.", I mumbled and wrapped my arms around him, his shoulders visibly relaxed.

"Ms Mehta.", I hummed and he continued," You are very precious to me you know that."

"Why?", I whispered.

"You just are."

"Mr Khanna you confuse me a lot you know that."

"Why?"

"You just do."

A soft chuckle escaped him and his chest reverberated. He murmured something but I couldn't understand what.

He pulled back and brought his hands to my face."You aren't afraid of him, are you?"

"No.", I answered genuinely."I'm not afraid of him because I know you won't let anything happen to me."