OCTOBER 31ST

Amelia pov

"Tomorrow is gonna be the worst," I say.

"because you can't come to Hogsmeade?" Hermione asks.

"No," I say.

"why?"

"I just hate Halloween.." I say. "I think I'm going to go for a walk."

"Alright, be careful."

I got up and walked out of my dorm and went to the common room. Harry was sitting there staring at the fire, I walked to the couch and sat down next to him.

"You too?"

"Yeah"

"For some reason, it just feels different, like. I don't know how to explain it." Harry says

"You feel like there is just something missing to something, that there are more parts to the puzzle and-"

"and you can't figure out anything."

"Yeah."

"I think it has something to do with mom and dad's death," Harry adds

"As much as I want to say that you're wrong, I feel it too." We both sat in silence until Harry said, "do you know what time it is?

"Probably about 10, why?"

He laughed, "I don't want to sound like Hermione but we should go to sleep."

"Can I sleep in your room, tonight? I don't feel like waking up at 5:00 tomorrow."

Yes, Hermione did wake me up at 5:00 am every day.

"Sure."

Harry pov
I nor Amelia don't have our paper signed to go to Hogsmeade. We tried to get McGonagall to sign it but nope..this is how it went.

"We were thinking you could sign it," Amelia says to her.

She frowns, "you need a parent's signature and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate."

She walked away towards the other students, but pausing and turning to us, "I am sorry, potters."

"See you two later."

"Have fun," I say

__________________________________

"Where are Ron and Hermione?"Professor Lupin asked Amelia and me.

"Ron and Hermione are at Hogsmeade," I answered.

"Well, why don't y'all come in? I just got a grindylow for our next lesson."Lupin said.

"A what?"I said confused.

I and Amelia followed him into his office. in the corner was a huge tank of water, and a sickly green creature with sharp little horns had its face pressed against the glass, pulling faces and flexing its long spindly fingers.

"Water demon," said Lupin."we shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the kappas. The truck is to break his grip. Do you notice the abnormally long fingers? string, but very brittle."

The gryndylow bared its green teeth and buried itself in a tangle of weeds.

"Cup of tea?"Lupin said, looking around."I was just thinking of making some."

Both Amelia and I nodded. We sat down and he pointed his wand to the kettle and it blasted steam from the spout.

"I'm afraid, I only have teabags but I dare say, you two must be tired of tea leaves."

"How do you know about that?"Amelia asked.

"Professor McGonagall told me," said Professor Lupin passing us a mug of tea." are either of you worried?"

We both shook our heads no. I wanted to tell him about the dog, but I didn't want to make it seem like I was a coward.

"Anything worrying you two?"Lupin asked.

"No." Harry lied. "Yes..you know the day we going the boggarts."

"Yes."

"Why didn't you let me fight it," Harry asked.

"I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort," Lupin said. Harry and I both stared, he had said Voldemort's name. "I was wrong."

"I did think of him at first,"  Harry says. "Then I remembered the dementors."

"I'm impressed," Lupin smiled. "That suggests that what you fear most of all is — fear. Very wise, Harry."

Then there was a interrupting knock.

The door opened and dark black eyes appeared.

"Ah, Severus," said Lupin, smiling. "Thanks very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?"

Snape set down the smoking goblet, his eyes wandering between Harry and Lupin. "I was just showing Harry my grindylow," said Lupin pleasantly, pointing at the tank.

"Fascinating," said Snape, without looking at it. "You should drink that directly, Lupin."

"Yes, yes, I will," said Lupin.

"I made an entire cauldronful," Snape continued. "If you need more."

"I should probably take some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus."

"Not at all," said Snape, but there was a look in his eye I didn't like. He backed out of the room, unsmiling and watchful. I looked curiously at the goblet.

Lupin smiled. "Professor Snape has very kindly concocted a potion for me," he said. "I have never been much of a potion-brewer and this one is particularly complex." He picked up the goblet and sniffed it. "Pity sugar makes it useless," he added, taking a sip and shuddering.

"Why — ?" Harry began. Lupin looked at him and answered the unfinished question.

"I've been feeling a bit off-color," he said. "This potion is the only thing that helps. I am very lucky to be working alongside Professor Snape; there aren't many wizards who are up to making it." Professor Lupin took another sip and I had a crazy urge to knock the goblet out of his hands.

Professor Snape's very interested in the Dark Arts," I blurted out.

"Really?" said Lupin, looking only mildly interested as he took another gulp of potion.

"Some people reckon —" Harry hesitated, then plunged recklessly on, "some people reckon he'd do anything to get the Defense Against the Dark Arts job."

Lupin drained the goblet and pulled a face. "Disgusting," he said. "Well, I'd better get back to work. I'll see you at the feast later."

"Right," said Harry, putting down his empty teacup. The empty goblet was still smoking.
__________________________________

Amelia pov
The Halloween feast was so fun. Amazing food, great show from the ghost and choir. Later, Ginny and I walked up the stairs.

I saw Harry and a few other Gryffindors on the stairs. Is there traffic on the stairs what's going on? I run up to them and ask them, "what's going on?"

"Did Neville forget the password again?" Ron asked.

"Hey!" Neville said to Ron

"She's gone!"

I look at the painting it was all cut up, then Dumbledore walks up telling Filch to round up the ghost so they can search the paintings. then filch points to another painting and everyone starts running up the stairs. Then Dumbledore talks to the fat lady in a painting. Sirius black is in the castle, they have to secure the castle.

We all have to sleep on the ground in the great hall. I couldn't sleep all night, twisting and turning. Both Harry and I pretended to sleep when Dumbledore and Snape were talking. They were talking about Harry, Sirius Black, and me.