Chapter 3 - Telling

Start from the beginning

"Have you two done it yet?" Tul asked, still in his mode of squealing. 

"Tul!! You're not even the only one today! Chief said that after.." I paused as I didn't know if I had the guts to say I lost my virginity to him last night.. 

"After?..." Tul asked, curious behind a grin I can sense. 

"After... After we woke up!" That's technically true, I just hope Tul doesn't ask about what he said. 

"Well, what did he say?" 

Wow, he asked it. 

"Oh, uhh..." I didn't know how to explain 'are you sore?' in another context other than sex. Especially for Tul. I've never met someone who has a dirtier mind. 

"Tian.. You can tell me. It's like I'll ever mention I heard what he said anyway!" He snapped, I guess his curiosity gets the best of him sometimes. 

I leave a silence thinking of an excuse to say something other than what Phupha actually said. 

"Sorry, I just wanna know.." He sounded apologetic. 

I didn't know if the best way to explain it was to just say what Chief asked me and let him figure it out for himself, or to explain what happened. If I don't explain it, I know his imagination will go places I can't even imagine, but I really don't want to explain it.  

"Are you... sore?" I said quietly down the phone. We stayed silent for what felt like hours before Tul squealed again. 

"OMG YOU SLEPT WITH HIM? HE'S YOUR FIRST?" 

"Yes, Tul... Keep it down, the whole village doesn't need to know..." 

"How many times?" 

"Twice." 

"Oh my god you've done it before? When was the first?" 

"Last night." 

"Then when was the second?" 

"This morning." 

"Ewww you're gross!" I heard him cackle. 

"Tul!"

"Sorry.. Sorry.. But I mean you're getting married so I guess that's given." I heard Tul giggle down the phone. 

"Ay Tul!"

"What,  what? But honestly, congratulations. I know how much you love each other so you have my blessing. But if he ever breaks your heart he won't see the daylight again, okay?" He said. 

"Jeez Tul, okay." I laughed out. 

We chatted for another while before Tul had to leave to do some work for school. For most the day I had been sorting things out for the kids, telling some of my other friends like Yong, Longtae, some of the villagers, and some others back home. I told my mother and father and that went pretty well, I know my mother was more shocked than my father, as the first thing my father asked was; "Who's the top?" 

I was expecting something like that from my father but not... That. 

--------------------------------------

Phupha's POV 

As Rang, Yod, and Nam were all squealing over my proposal about Tian, I guess I have to tell them. It's not bad news so I'm not worried, I just have to prepare for some teasing. 

I called a meeting with just the three men, so I guess the must've understood why it involved only them. They all walked in together, smiling ear to ear, as they took their seats in the office room. I was standing in front of them like I would in a serious meeting, as I feel this subject is also serious. At least for me.