24. Reparation

'Mr. Wang collapsed due to lack of sleep and high level of mental stress. It seems that he is not eating properly and having liquors in high quantities too. He needs to have proper rest and nutritious meals and should avoid overworking otherwise he will suffer serious consequences next time. You are yourself a doctor so you can understand.I have already handed the prescription to his manager, please excuse me'.

Zhan recalled doctor's words and lovingly stroked yibo's hand who was sleeping under the effect of medications. Zhan rested his forehead against yibo's hand and clutched it tightly. He placed his lips on latter's palm and again placed it against his forehead while he closed his eyes. "You scared me for real, what have you done to yourself? Don't you want to live anymore?" He whispered and shifted yibo's palm downwards to his cheeks from his creased forehead. He stroked yibo's head and ran his long fingers in his hairs.

After few minutes a small smile appeared on the sleepy pale face of yibo and he gripped zhan's hand back. Zhan jolted from sudden movement but his breath stuck in his throat and his eyes stopped at the beautiful face of yibo when the latter smiled at him fondly and looked at him affectionately.

"Zhanzhan, this is all real, it's not a dream right?" He said in a subdued tone. Zhan leaned towards yibo to hear him properly and placed a assuring kiss to his forehead. He retreated after few seconds and cupped yibo's face "I am here".

"Why didn't you tell me and chose to suffer all alone, why haven't you trusted me?" Yibo asked weakly and closed his eyes in order to prevent tears from flowing out. But his eyes betrayed him as streams of pearls run down incessantly.

Zhan wiped yibo's tears paying no attention to his own misty eyes. "I trusted you yibo. I..I ..everything was going against us. I never wanted to leave you, ofcourse I love you so much how can I just forget you huh? All these years there was not a single second when I didn't think about you. Yibo I couldn't *sniff* watch you crying, suffering, losing your self due to me. They pestered you, we couldn't be together but still you tried every means just to be with me. Yibo I am sorry my love, I couldn't handle your tears and struggles. I am weak, coward and I am not a good lover. Can..*hic* can you forgive me?"

"Shhh it wasn't your mistake. We were bound to separate anyway. If not for you to leave me, I wouldn't have ever realised how deep I feel for you. Zhan you don't know how much I missed you!! These years were like torture to me. Now that you are here don't even think of going away and don't worry I will fix everything. I won't let that same story repeat itself. You trust me Zhan right? I forgot to live without you. I..I forgot to smile without you. Don't..Zhan" His voice sank to a whisper as he lose his consciousness. Zhan held his hands again and sobbed silently while mumbling sorry.

This was the same yibo who once said that he will never forgive zhan for leaving him, but now when the tables have turned and he knows the truth he would never let zhan go. There would be no second time and he knows that he can't cope up with all of the misery he went through again. It was difficult to pass these two years without him, and he don't intend to carry on anymore..if zhan leaves him...again.

After some time, zhan left the luxurious private ward and headed outside for some fresh air. He opened the door and was about to step outside the room when he met duhua who also came to see yibo. He stopped her way by keeping his hand on the door jamb. He raised his eyebrows and whisper yelled "Don't dare to". He sounded completely angry and disappointed.

"Ahh no you are misinterpreting Dr. Xiao. I am not here to instruct or command him, I really don't intend to increase his stress. I just wanted to see him once. He is like my brother too, I was worried so couldn't help but come here." Zhan closed the door and ushered her outside towards the hospital garden.

"You were worried? Seriously? He is your brother? Hahahaha" Zhan laughed loudly but his expressions turned grim next second. "You almost killed him, you never cared whether that child was eating or not..taking proper rest or not but what you cared was just your ambition and money isn't it? You successfully forced me out of his life that was fine, you used his popularity for your own benefit that was fine too but you made him work day and night and that is not fine, you are the one responsible for his state and that is not fine....not with me."

"I..didn't know ..I" duhua stuttered as words were finding it difficult to come out of her mouth. He was not wrong though! She didn't realise when she became blinded by fame and money, when her goals and ambitions became more important than someone's life. How she made yibo into a walking and obedient corpse who held no emotions, how she endangered a life due to her negligence and ego. But aren't all humans are same? Aren't they all self centred and selfish? After getting what they want they throw their fellows who trusted them so much out of their life? Isn't it's a human nature..to turn evil and revengeful when people forces them to.

"Then what did I do wrong? I..I just wanted to show those people who humiliated me, told me that I am useless, called me a friend but backstabbed me when they got what they needed. My money..my..my parents..my humanity they made me devoid of every happiness i deserved. I wanted to prove my dead parents that I am their capable child, I couldn't save them that time but I would give my siblings a better life. So what's wrong did I do?" When humans do something wrong they tend to justify their mistakes through protecting their inequities by the shield of the unjust explanations. This is a human nature which is unchangeable and it comes in everyone's life atleast once.

She was a human too!! She was made this way!! She was forced to follow the path of apathy and be a cold blooded person. She trusted too and she suffered then why should she care for others. Everyone who trusts her should suffer too ..she didn't ask her to trust her though. Yes she didn't!!

Sweats run down her forehead and back, her hands trembled and world started to spin around her. She didn't do anything wrong right? It was not her fault right? She is not responsible for anything right? She assured herself and composed her countenance to not to back down in front of xiao zhan. The man who is nothing compared to her...who is not even qualified to stand and talk with a high society woman like her.

"You are mentally sick. You have no right to destroy innocent lives even if you were tortured to hell. You said you were cheated, broken due to those whom you trusted the most but aren't you the same? Didn't you do the same thing with yibo who respected you as his elder sister? You know that child left his house just because of his dreams but you...you turned his dreams into a nightmare. I will never forgive you..understand. I won't forget whatever you did to my boyfriend. He is not alone now, i am not going to go anywhere." He glared at her with his eyes peering deep into her soul, shaking her thoughts vigorously, a storm of sorrow and regrets stirred inside her and she took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"Please leave before i report you to authorities and expose the reality behind this effervescence. You know yibo's nosebleed and his health is one of the top news in korea at this time. Don't think I can't do that! For yibo i can go to any extent." He threatened her and she looked downwards. Her eyes were empty and she started to leave slowly without looking backwards. "Wait..I will take yibo with me for a whole month." She looked back with a questionable gaze "what? I haven't asked for your permission." She nodded and left silently.

Zhan rubbed his aching head in annoyance and left for other arrangements. He needs to ask for a month leave too and he knew it will be difficult to convince the CEO so he have to talk to Dr Choi first. After making few calls and fixing everything he came back to yibo and kissed his forehead "I will repair all the broken pieces yibo. Just stay by my side mn" he removed his shoes and layed beside yibo. When yibo felt a familiar warmth of his favourite person, he too snuggled in his ge's arms and purred in sleep. Zhan smiled and pulled him more in his embrace.