✔LI - Like A Goddess

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Alonzo realised whom she was referring to and instantly as if Lady Cathride's aura devoured him, his smile—which was hidden under his thick moustache — turned wicked as well. 

And poor Seraphina, who was still clueless at what the duo was planning, blinked at them as they gave off some unsettling feelings. "Err... Are you alright? You both are scaring me."

*****

A few maids had come and prepared Prince Demian as he waited patiently for Alonzo. He had gone a while ago and hadn't returned. What was happening? Everyone was going and no one was coming back. What was holding them? 

"Your Highness..." Just as he was thinking of Alonzo, the steward called and he said, "Come in."

As Alonzo entered, Demian noticed his moustache swaying in the air merrily. Of course, he couldn't see his smile however, it was apparent, he was smiling.

"What made you so happy?" Demian asked, "Have you found her?" 

"Yes. She is with Lady Cathride."

Demian nodded and ordered, "then call her here. The time has come and we shall arrive at the banquet in time."

"There is no need for you to be so agitated, your Highnes, Lady Cathride will personally take her there. She asked if you could wait outside of the hall." Somehow the wicked vibe of Alonzo could be visible from his posture as Demian found something was suspicious.

Demian looked at him for a moment and nodded, "Alright. I will wait then."

Seraphina had never taken that long to dress up but now it seemed she needed time. Women!

He was almost finished donning his dark coloured coat and trousers as a golden brooch was placed above the left side of his chest which had a dragon carved on it, speaking of his origin and power. A half cloak decorated in golden embroideries hung on the right side of his shoulder. He was ready and this banquet would be his opportunity to disclose his plans.

Demian glanced at his suspicious steward who was watching him in adoration and he cringed his nose. "Alonzo, let's go."

"Yes, your Highness!" 

Both of them reached at the entrance door and noticed Casian and his attendant, Allison, were coming as well. Casian had worn a silver coat and vest and trousers that complimented his eyes. His long cloak flapped against his knees. As soon as Alonzo's eyes fell on him, he hissed, "What the devil he is doing here at this crucial moment!"

Demian raised a brow suspiciously, "Of course, he is also invited and what crucial moment?"

Alonzo gave him a nervous smile as his moustache flipped suspiciously. What was the matter with the old steward? 

"It's nothing, Your Highness," he looked at the arriving guests with a distasteful gaze.

"Don't let them find out that we know of their vile scheme," Demian ordered as a smirk formed on his lips, "Because there is nothing better than to witness them failing miserably."

Alonzo looked at his master with an awe gaze as he nodded and his distasteful gaze was replaced with a happy gaze. 

"Prince Demian," Casian bowed as he said, "Why don't we have a glass of wine for our plan to work out?"

"And what plan are you talking of?" Demian said, maintaining his emotionless face.

Casian chuckled, "Dear cousin, you are too naive if you think that I don't have a clue of your announcement today." 

"Isn't that obvious?" 

Casian nodded, "Indeed. To think that Lord Heartstone would be so wrapped up in his own game makes it very interesting."