✔L - Something so motherly

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Allison nodded as he said, "Well, I've found something suspicious about Lord Heartstone."

Casian chewed on he had no interest in the matter as he could care less of other city's problems. He had no problem with the way Heartstone was handling things. The people were living here and they had to pay for it.

"Well, if you wanted to know, Lord Heartstone and his attendant, Irwin went out a while ago but they didn't take many men, just two. It seemed suspicious as they didn't head toward the centre of the city," Allison said as Casian shrugged.

"Well, let them go for all I care."

Allison huffed as he was getting annoyed at his master's aloofness. He maybe didn't need to do anything but if he didn't take any part in this, Prince Billard won't let him go easily. 

But he also knew that his master wasn't a fool, he maybe had turned a blind eye on the situation, he knew too well something was wrong.

As Casian had finished his meals Allison went out and called the maids for his master's bath and he went to his chamber for a good rest as it was a tiring day.

*****

"They have a banquet today?" Seraphina asked with a big mouth as Demian nodded. He sat on the bed after having their meals and loosened his vest as he felt a bit tired.

Sera paced around the room that had a large bed with a soft mattress and she looked outside of the window, the sun was still an infant. 

She nibbled on her finger as she hadn't brought any gowns with her and it would be unlikely to go to the banquet in warrior clothing as she was Prince Demian's wife! She couldn't go down there in it.

"I—I hadn't brought any dresses..." Sera looked with pleading eyes as Demian gave her a bored look and said, "Go buy one then. Don't bother me now." He laid down as Seraphina clenched her teeth. Wasn't he supposed to help her when she's in trouble?

"Fine! I'll just go and buy something." 

Demian only waved his hands and said, "Take Alonzo and a guard with you."

"I can pretty much handle an enemy or two." Sera's chin raised with pride as her sword shone almost as if supporting her.

Demian jolted up on his bed as annoyance carved under his eyes. "Don't make me order you for everything. Just take Alonzo as he is good with things like clothing and the guard is to keep a close eye on the surroundings."

Seraphina pouted almost adorably, "but I can do both."

Demian felt a strong urge to smack on this stupid girl's head. He knew how careless she was and she could get attention easily so it wasn't a good choice to leave her alone. And who knows Lord Heartstone might have a grudge on her for speaking her mind at the conference.

"Don't make me repeat twice, I'm tired." Demian's eyes darkened as Sera retreated. She witnessed it today as how grueling he could be if he wanted to. It would be better not to be on his bad side. 

"Alright. I'll take them." Seraphina said as she went out of the room and looked around the passageways. It wasn't very complicated like in the castle. Demian's wing was on the right side of the castle on the upper floor and Billard's wing was on the left. 

Seraphina thought for a moment as she looked at Alonzo's chamber door. It would be wise if he took his rest as he had been serving them without proper rest. And Seraphina spun on her heels, crossing the door of the steward she went to the stairs.

As she got near she found Lady Cathride was rushing toward her.

"Oh! Your Highness!" She curtsied and said, "I apologize for the rush but I heard that you don't have a gown with you."