"Ah, uhm. I have a... frequent memory loss if that's how you call it. Just how it's called, I loose memories too soon. As if there's a hole in my head that won't let me remember."

He waited patiently, listening to her in an attentive way. "Since I was a child, I keep forgetting things so easily."

"...Could you remember what you forgot?"

"Sometimes, maybe about my mother."

Then, did she not remember the time they had as a child? "What else?" Her voice rang through his ears, snapping him back to reality. "Your father's marriage."

"Hmm, I caught my father cheating when I was ten. I saw a letter to different women, that's when I realised the reason my mother wanted to divorce him, yet... I stopped her before. The biggest regret I have."

"And... I know I should tell my mother, but my father silenced me by threatening me indirectly. In the end, I kept my mouth shut and lived in fear."

It must've been painful for her, huh? Especially knowing one of the party cheated when she was just a child.

"He's marrying Diane. And I don't know about the other women. He chased Diane when she turned eighteen. What else would you like to know?"

Just一how much did he not know about her? And finally, came the last difficult question一her mother. "Your mother."

Silence.

"She's... one of my regret. I meant, I held her from leaving my father because of ny selfish wish. She passed when I wasn't by her side months ago."

"Do you know一"

"I think that's all I hid from you. I'll tell the rest next time."

That quick she cut him off, dismissing the topic about her mother. Maybe一just maybe, it hit her like a giant boulder.

"So, Sir Diluc."

"Hm?"

Y/n held the wheels, slowly attempted to rotate to face the red haired man一in result, he took a step back from her.

Her cheeks were lifted, smiling eyes to eyes一yet, her e/c orbs were puffed red, stains from her tears reflected clearly on her cheeks. Had she been crying silently during the topic?

"What will you do if I say I don't want to forget? I'm terrified to forget a lot of things the next morning?"

What will he do?

Her eyes stared at his, dread but full of hope一his fingers balled into fist, attempted to swallow his saliva. "Ah, it's fine. You don't need to answer it. I was just joking."

Was it really a joking matter? "It's fine, let's go一"

"I'll stay by your side."

Her e/c orbs quickly glistened skywards to look at the red haired一eyes wide as ever in awe. "I'll tell you what you don't remember but I do."

Silence fell upon them once again, letting the breeze brushed against their hair一sending some strands of their hair flying.

Diluc stepped front, rotating her wheelchair quickly as he tried to cover his incarnadine cheeks. "You're... actually quite cheesy."

"I saw a crépe stand just now. Do you want one?"

"Are you trying to silence me?"

"Or, do you want an ice cream?"

Gosh, what's happening to him? Why couldn't his heartbeat slow down again?

****

Knock knock

"Ms Airyotia, someone comes to see you."

An announcement was made by the nurse outside, followed with another knock.

"Who?"

She holored back, eyes still focused on the novel book on hand. Her soft finger tips rested by the corner of the paper, slowly flipping it as her eyes still scanned through.

"The Calvary Captain."

****

Hi! Sorry for the long update, here! I wrote a new chapter! I'm very sorry for not uploading frequently, I've been busy with the books haha.

Again, I'm sorry.

I promise the next chapter would be a chapter with Kaeya moments as I promised you all!

I also wanted to apologize for Diluc's OOC. I tried my best to write his character. Haha, I revealed too much, I'm sorry.

But thank you so much for reading and I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Bye bye!! ♡