Slowly closing your eyes, you lean in toward her as she does the same to you, and you press your lips to her own.

That seals the deal for you. The two of you will come out of this whole thing in one piece. Everything will be okay.

You just know it will.

"Um... am I interrupting something?" you hear a familiar voice ask.

You reopen your eyes and turn to your side, seeing your new angel ally, Xander, look between the two of you in confusion.

Yes, Xander. You are, in fact, interrupting something.

Giving him an uncomfortable smile, Charlie says "Oh no, o-of course not!"

Reluctantly, the two of you break off your embrace. "Yeah, uh... what did you need, Xander?" you ask.

"I wanted to help you guys capture the Grand Executioner!" he says. "Everyone else is downstairs with the guests, so I wanted to make sure you'd have some backup."

"Oh, uh, thanks!" Charlie replies.

"No problem, Princess!" he smiles. "Plus, this way I'll be able to bring him back up to Heaven and-"

There is a sudden, deafening crash of what sounds like thunder, echoing all around you.

And now standing before you is the same intimidating, robed figure from the day before. That terrifying, and ironically demonic grin is still on his face.

"And do what, exactly?" he asks.

----------------------------------------------

The Grand Executioner, back in all his menacing, executioner-y glory.

His enormous bright white wings are outstretched to his sides, and they slowly furl up toward his back.

"Ah, Xander... filling our little demon friends' heads with lies and deception, I see?"

"The only liar I see around here is you!" he shouts.

Extending an arm out to his side, a bright green-colored magic spear forms in his grip.

"Grand Executioner, you are under arrest for deserting your post and betraying the Holy City." Xander says.

The angel scoffs, rolling his eyes to the sky. "Desertion? Betrayal? Is this a joke?"

Redirecting his attention to you and Charlie, he continues. "I was merely taking a vacation day, to let our friends down here know of the Lord's interest in their hotel... thing."

"Yeah, after nearly killing the fucking Princess!" you angrily accuse him.

"Oh, come now. I've already explained to you that that was completely unintentional."

"Unintentional or not, you still wanted us to murder one of our own employees." Charlie says. "Xander told us that God didn't have a deal like that in mind."

"The game is up, dude." you say. "So just surrender. This doesn't have to end in bloodshed."

"Come with me, Grand Executioner." Xander commands, pointing his spear at the angel. "The senate will decide your fate."

Ignoring his commands, the Grand Executioner continues to focus his attention on you. "You fools... he's using you... as a means to take my position as Heaven's lead angel."

"You and I both know that's not the case." Xander says. "Now let's go."

Xander raises up his other arm, and it begins to glow a bright green magic color. A magic portal begins forming where he is pointing.