04 - a fleeting encounter

Start from the beginning

A few moments later

A few moments later

"Um, (Y/n)...why is there a cat sitting on your head?" Izuku had tried to avoid even making eye contact with the cat who's been staring down at him for a more than three minutes now. "And why are there...bubbles? All over the place?" The bushy haired boy was confused, "His name is Lucerito, he found me." Alright, that was even more confusing. "Don't you mean that you found him..?" At this point, he felt like he already knew the answer. "He came to this apartment for help, he's a smart cat. He's keeping us, not the other way around, see, he already got me this ring."

"Better than most of the men I've-" He shoved a piece of french toast in her mouth and decided to not question anything, anymore. She finished chewing with a small frown, "That's was awfully rude." He rose an eyebrow, "I'll make a note to go extra hard on your during training today~!" She held up his training regimen and schedule, his jaw dropped to the floor. "What the heck is this?!" Damn, she knew it was a bit too extreme. "Okay! Hold on, I'm not gonna make you do everything...just work out with me."

"We'll get started on your body strength and training first, then we can move onto actual fighting." She propped her elbow up on the table and placed her chin on her palm as she bit a strawberry. "Whatever it is you're gonna do, you'll probably have to be-" (Y/n) was cut off, "I want to be an assassin." Her fork clattered on the plate, making him grimace. "Like you. I want to be an assassin like you," he announced rather bold and bluntly. "Kid..." The grey furred cat jumped off her head to go wander around. "You for real?"

The bushy haired boy nodded rapidly, "I've been thinking about it a lot. You only kill bad guys, don't you? That's what Zero Two's all about, aren't you?" She sat up straight, "Look, kid. Killing people for a living ain't as easy as it sounds, the people I go after are higher ups. Big bosses and top leaders, it ain't nothing to mess around with. I'm not your mother, so I won't say no or try to control you." His eyes shined at that, "But I'm not a good role model, Izuku. And you can't become an assassin just like that." His lips tugged into a frown.

"You need grueling physical training, you need to learn assassination techniques and most of all—you have to have the mental strength for it. I'm not saying you can't be whatever you wanna be, I'm just saying you gotta be careful with what you pick and choose. It's your decision, and I'll train and guide you obviously, I promised. But I hope you don't think I'm a good person, and you're a good kid, I don't want you to regret ruining that. Because, once you take a life, you can't go back." The green haired boy stared at her with pursed lips.

"But...if you weren't a good person, you wouldn't have saved me from falling. And! I know what you mean by that, but, I want to live my new life with no regrets! So please..." He shot up and out of his seat and bowed. "Train me to become an assassin!" 'This kid...' "Haaah, just eat your food so we can hit the gym. I'm gonna teach you about the underworld tonight, but during the day, I'm working you to the bone." They intensely stared each other down, "Alright! Let's do it!"