𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕【 love-hate 】

cold skin, drag my feet on the tile
as i'm walking down the corridor
and i know we haven't talked in a while
so i'm looking for an open door ❞︎

- Let me down slowly by Alec Benjamin

★★★

"My brother and sisters, I've got a confession to make

"My brother and sisters, I've got a confession to make." Haroon placed his right hand on his chest and started as if he was about to make an oath or something.

There was a slight sand storm that afternoon so the students were given an off, an off that would most certainly be compensated in the near future, and the teachers were also allowed to leave. However, the four of them stayed behind as Haroon had something to confess.

"Please save it, if you're gonna be that dramatic." Fizza stopped him with a hand gesture and a 'puh-lease' expression, making Haroon roll his eyes and Daneen laugh. Shahveer, on the contrary, looked the other way, for he didn't even want to smile at her sarcasm given her recent ignorance.

"Here I am trying to ease my nerves and you are making fun of me. Just listen, will you?" Haroon asked and Fizza chuckled as she nodded.

"So..." Haroon started but stopped in the middle. He took one deep breath and continued, "There's this girl." He mumbled with his eyes closed and what made him open them was a loud gasp.

Fizza and Daneen opened their mouths in the most dramatic way possible -an embodiment of Haroon's ways- and Shahveer smiled at his friend's pitiful state.

As soon as the girls seemed as if they were ready to listen, he resumed his story. "Her name is Anum. I know her from university and we umm l-like each other. The thing is that though we usually just talk on the phone but sometimes we meet up, like, for just an hour or something, not more than that. Like really. The most recent was last week and before that we met months ago. We keep ourselves in our limits and—" He kept rambling, ignoring the girls' squeals and since all of them were too busy to realise this was elongating, Shahveer decided to put an end to it.

"Yeah yeah, we get that you do not hang around much, now move on." He deadpanned.

"After the last time we met, she has not been responding to my messages." He finally disclosed as he put his head in his hands and muttered, "I really don't know what I did that was so wrong... I-I can't go on like this." He finished his words as he dragged a hand through his face and the girls shared a look. 'Its time to get serious', they thought and Shahveer gave Haroon a consoling oat on the back.