Do you promise?

A/N: So while I was looking at some oneshots for inspiration I came across something really cute and decided to change up the plot to make it totally mine! If you see this somewhere else or think it links to something or is similar thats probably why!

This is a Human AU!

9 years ago

Foster and Scencen. The disordered duo.  Occasionally their friend Dizznee would join make the trouble trio.

The two blonds raced across the orphanage their laughs filling the quiet halls.

"Catch me if you can Foster!" The boy yelled his smirk taunting as the girl paces behind him struggled to keep up.

"Keefe slow down!" She cried.

"Never!" He continued running until he realized her footsteps weren't following him. Sliding to a stop he glanced back to find her on the floor whimpering as she clutched her knee.

He raced back to her pulling her golden locks away from her pained face. "Foster?" She cracked an eye open looking at him.

"Keefe... it... it hurts." She whimpered again tears falling down her face.

"I am so sorry." He pulled her into a hug. Her tears fell into his shirt. 

"Ca- can we get Mr. Forkle?" While Keefe knew her getting hurt and them telling the head of the orphanage would get them in trouble he picked her up. Letting her small body lean against his 6-year-old frame.

"Come on." To their luck Forkle appeared right when he was needed.

"I told you kids to be careful." He scolded. Picking Sophie up her eyes snapped open and she looked at Keefe with worry.

"Return to your dorm child, I'll bring her over when I'm done." Sophie whimpered but before the head walked away she asked him to stoop to Keefe and she looked at him through watery eyes.

"Promise you'll stay?"

"Of course! Where would I go? I promise Foster."

Keefe didn't stay. He left Foster. He left her. He left Sophie. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Present day ~

BZT! BZT! BZT! 

Sophie groaned as the alarm ringed beside her. It took her 3 unsuccessful attempts to stop the buzzing unfortunately by then she was already awake.

She stretched as she went to pull the curtains up. Yawning she fixed the rats nest she called her hair. 

"That dream again huh."

More like memory. Her mind mused.

She sighed.

Sophie Elizabeth Ruewen. Age 21. Studying law.

Her adopted parents, The Ruewen's, were well known and respected veterinarians in the state. They owned the largest vet company in the world and their name was not that of little fame. 

She had always wanted to follow in their footsteps. Become as great as them.

But when she saw the injustice of a man called Prentice along with a man called Fintan, both of whom were accused. She knew, she was born to be an ally. An ally for justice. 

Her photographic memory and hard working reputation were all saved a slot at their top university. Fox fire academy. 

A soft touch snapped her back to reality. She glanced down to find her cat, Marty, brush her legs.

"Hello Marty." She cooed petting the cats soft fur.

"You be a good boy while I'm gone okay." She tapped the kitties nose before she  hoped into the shower. 

Keefe.

She sighed as the warm arcs of water cleansed her. She adored taking a shower. It wasn't just a clean for her body. It was for her spirit. But she couldn't think straight even under the warmth of the water. 

She'd been having that same dream a lot lately. Spare a few to a couple of other memories. But they were always about Keefe. She didn't know why. But she knew it wasn't the happiest thing.

After she finished her shower and threw on some clothes her best friend, Biana, would approve of she walked out to the elevators. Closing her apartment door using her residence pass.

As the elevator descended she looked at her phone. A plethora of notifications greeted her but what caught her eye was the most recent headline:

Keefe Scencen. New Van Gogh of the 21st century? 

She chuckled as she scrolled through the article all about her childhood best friend. Keefe. Ever since he got adopted she'd tried to find him. But being a 7-year-old looking for a friend across the globe wasn't easy. But an 8-year-old with access to the internet? No difference. 

She only knew his family name which wasn't enough. 

The Scencen family was well known for their multimillionaire world wide company.  

Since she discovered that she followed their page, to his fathers dismay. He always deleted her comments, ban her reactions and anything else she did. She didn't know why but that didn't stop her.

Her best friend had always been a trouble maker, so she wasn't surprised that he did ruin the name a tad and his father didn't take it too nicely. But once he'd grown and given himself his own name she was sure to follow his every platform.

Not that he noticed. Or ever will. But at least it gave her some satisfaction. 

The elevator dinged signaling her arrival at the car park. She sighed and shouldered her bag walking to her red car. 

"It's another day."

A/N: I love how this turned out and the inspiration I used I can't seem to find so I'll link it here if that works! Don't know it it'll work but anyway! I hope you guys liked this and stay tuned for the next chapter or section or part or whatever you call it for this AU!

https://www.wattpad.com/929018264-take-my-hand-kotlc-oneshots-pinky-promise-1