✔XLV - It's like They are Magnets

Start from the beginning

Today was the happiest day of her life after the cursed prince's marriage. She was worried about how to handle the princess and eliminate the young Prince. But her brother came and gave her a gift! A portrait...

She tried to sit straight but Billard's hands wrapped her body and pulled her against him. Her heart thumped and she felt her smile growing.

"You seem happy," Billard said in a husky voice as he woke up, his bare body wrapping his wife in more ways.

"That's because I am." Zenith felt shy as Billard's golden gaze fell on her and a sly grin played on his lips.

"May I know the reason, my Queen?" His voice had a hint of humour but it made butterflies flutter in her belly.

"That's because you are here with me," she said and felt the ground should devour her now. Well, there was another reason for her happiness today which was related to her husband. Billard barely came to her after he gained his crown prince position and lately he had been so busy, she could barely see his face. But today, Billard had finished his work early and came straight to her. He needed a good rest and she was glad he decided to stay at her quarter.

"Hmm..." Billard hummed in a teasing way and said, "I'm sorry Zenith for not always being available here."

"It's alright. I'll always wait for you." Zenith said as Billard kissed her and she leaned further to him.

"Well, today I got the day off because Master Valentine said I should see you while he will manage the rest and Demian went to settle down the problems at Lord Heartstone's place." Billard smiled, "so, I'm free."

Zenith had heard about the conference and heard how that wizard barged into it. In her case, she would never dare to lay a foot where she wasn't allowed. Billard wouldn't like it and besides if her father knew he would be angry as well as Casian. Her father had said clearly to always obey her husband and she had seen her mother do that as well. But how come Seraphina got no punishment for not obeying the rules?

Her stomach churned as Billard was present at the conference even the other Lords however, no one told her where her place was, instead they listened to her views. She had asked if she was needed in the conference but Billard refused her and she had no courage to ask him twice. Not that she had anything to do about it.

Zenith felt uneasy at how everyone approved her even when she was an imposter while she was from a dragon lineage.

"What's the matter?" Billard asked as she was very quiet.

"Nothing, just thinking how everyone agreed on Princess Seraphina's terms."

"Well, I was impressed myself as she presented her views. She is very intelligent and I'm glad we got her in our family. She can take care of Demian," Billard smiled as she looked at her husband with a gap in her mouth.

She didn't like the fact that her husband was praising another woman who wasn't even from royalty or even had wealth. At one point, she wanted to show him the portrait but she refrained herself as Casian had asked her to wait for the moment.

Why can't Billard praise her?

She bit her tongue at the thought. What was she thinking? It must be the wizard's tricks that no one ever questioned her. If Zenith had done it or anything to defy him, it would take just a few orders to make her go back to her home and her father would disown her immediately because she knew very well both her brother and father loved their power and position before anything and anyone.

"Is that so? Then it must be good for them." Zenith said.

"Indeed. Demian seems to be acknowledging her as he let her speak in the conference," Billard chuckled, "I was astounded because he never likes anyone meddling with his business." Billard released a sigh, "It seems I was right after all to bring Princess Seraphina here for him."