chapter one

I finally make it home from my two hour walk back from school, I was soaking wet from the rain and colder than I ever thought possible, but I would've done anything to not be entering this house.

My hair clinging to my face and my hands shaking - not just from the freezing temperatures- I opened the door and walked in, I had hoped to be able to just slip past the kitchen and head straight to my room, I was half way there but no it wasn't to be,

"Snow White, snow white!" Someone screeched "Come here now" my-probably drunk-step mother shouted.

I slowly walk up to her not making eye contact and stopped just under a meter away from her, "yes ma'am" i said quietly

"well?" she questioned "where have you been all this time" she looked down at me with her arms crossed, i could smell the alcohol surrounding every word as they came out her mouth and it made me want to hurl.  (hurl- to be sick)

"I am so sorry ma'am, but i was late out of class and then i thought you were going to pick me up (as it's a three mile walk) but you never came so i had to walk back" i told her, no tone to my voice.

"pick you up, pick you up, we never discussed such a thing!" she practically screamed at me "besides with all this important stuff to do how could i have found the time to pick you up" she continued.

"i'm so sorry, i forgot, forgive me" i could tell she was in one of those moods and so i tried to excuse myself from the situation, with my head still trained on the floor i went to go to my room when,

"how dare you" she squawked at me, she grabbed my wrist (luckily the right one as the left wrist was already bruised and broken from yesterday's mood) and pulled me back towards her, " look at me, luck at me i said" i had no choice but to luck at her now, her face was shiny with sweat and red with confused anger " how dare you give me such attitude, after all i've done for you; i've cooked for you, clothed you, gave you warmth and shelter and this this!" her voice rose now  "is how you repay me" she lifter her arm and smacked me hard across the face.

she let me go and told me to go to my room with no supper, i hadn't even thought about getting any food at all so i didn't really mind, once out in the hall way i heard her mutter, disgrace, and then the clinking of bottles. it was with that i closed the door to my room.

i hope you enjoyed reading this

lots of love

comment~vote

^_^