𝟛𝟜 - 𝔻𝕖𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘

Start from the beginning

"You would?" Minnie wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the decision. On one side she was proud; it showed Ophelia's Gryffindor traits of determination and bravery. But then on the other side, Minerva was worried that she could also loose the girl.

"Yes. I'm ready and there is no better way back than to do something I love. This," Ophelia swallowed, "this, is on my own terms and I'd like to do it. If you'd let me, that is."

"Of course I'll let you, you have to remember you are you're own person. I trust your decisions."

"Really? Well the thing is it will be six weeks long and it will probably be best for me if I live near the studios temporarily, I can come visit you and everything but it might be too much to travel around even with magic." Ophelia explained. "There is a secure estate not far from the studios, I could rent one of the houses there for the summer, then you'll know I'm safe too. But I'll stay with you for the first two weeks of the holidays anyway, I promise! And -"

"Ophelia, I trust you. You do what must be done and come to me if you need any help." Minerva interrupted Ophelia, she could see the girl was causing herself to get into a panic.

"Thank you, I will owl Miss Mills today. Are you su-"

BOOM

An explosion from the hallway outside the office stopped Ophelia's question of doubt.

"Good heavens, what have those four done this time." Minnie briskly stood from her chair, causing that awful screeching sound to follow. Ophelia tried to suppress a laugh caused by Minnie's comment, but was unsuccessful. So she found herself already laughing at the prospect of what could be behind the door before it had even opened.

Unsurprisingly, the hall was a chaotic mess. To the right of Minnie's office was a group of Slytherin's drenched in a slime-like substance and red glitter. To the left were untouched students, with four stood at the back trying to refrain laughter terribly.

"One day you four will pay for this." A slime covered Slytherin spoke.

"Come on Snivellus, you'll never be able to outwit us." James called from behind the growing crowd on the left.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that, it only takes one secret to be spilled and your reputation will be ruined." Severus spat back.

"Oh no, and what's that? That you have an embarrassing love for a girl you'll never get because of how slimy you are?" James retorted. Raucous laughter followed until a high pitched whistle silenced everybody and the attention was turned to the source.

With the appearance of the renowned strict Professor, the hallway almost emptied immediately. Only two groups remained, both facing each other like a battle was about to commence.

"Care to explain what has occurred here?" Minnie walked into the centre of the two groups, no fear for what spells could be thrown at each other; she knew the authority she held over all the students.

"It appears Snivellus and his Slytherin family almost look as greasy as his hair." Sirius answered, looking extremely proud with his comment.

"You're going to regret this." Severus spoke almost in a whisper, but one boy heard it perfectly.

"You four, my office, now." Minnie flicked her wrist and the door to the office swung open harshly. "Mr Snape and anyone else who was a victim of this prank, please go see Professor Slughorn."