Tower of the undying

Start from the beginning

Danyeras Pov

DAENERYS TARGARYEN and XARO XOHAN DAXOS walk through the garden, anxiously.

XARO: I've demanded a meeting of the Thirteen. One of them did this or knows who did.

DAENERYS: You are one of the Thirteen.

XARO: If I wanted your dragons, I would have taken them. They mean nothing to me on their own.

DAENERYS: Nothing? They're more valuable than anything in the world.

XARO: Shall we look inside my vault and see what selling your dragons would buy me I cannot buy already? We will get them back.

DAENERYS: There is no we, so why would you help me get them back?

XARO: I took you under my protection in front of the rulers of my city. A man is what others say he is and no more. If they say that Xaro Xhoan Daxos is a liar, my word is worth nothing. I cannot let this thing happen to you under my roof.

DAENERYS: But it did happen under your roof.

XARO: Khaleesi, many times in my life, I have been-

DAENERYS: I don't care where you've been.

DAENERYS steps quickly up the stairs. MALAKKO blocks XARO's way.

Danyeras quarters, Qarth 298 AC

DAENERYS TARGARYEN stands sadly. SER JORAH MORMONT enters.

DAENERYS: You came back.

JORAH: As soon as I heard. Do you know anything?

DAENERYS: Irri is dead.

JORAH: I know. She was a good-

DAENERYS: She's dead. She died alone. She died for me and I couldn't protect her.

JORAH: Doreah?

DAENERYS: We can't find her. She must be dead, too. I led my people out of the Red Waste and into the slaughterhouse.

JORAH: I should have been here for both of you

DAENERYS: You went to find me a ship.

JORAH: My place is by your side. I shouldn't have left you alone with these people.

DAENERYS: "These people"?

JORAH: They are not to be trusted.

DAENERYS: And who is to be trusted? Who are my people? The Targaryen's? I only knew one, my brother, and he would have let a thousand men rape me if it had got him the crown. The Dothraki? Most of them turned on me the day that Khal Drogo fell from his horse and Y/N who is now missing cause I couldn't protect him

JORAH: Your people are in Westeros.

DAENERYS: The people in Westeros don't know I'm alive.

JORAH: They will soon enough.

DAENERYS: And then what? They'll pray for my return? They'll wave dragon banners and shout my name? That's what my brother believed and he was a fool.

JORAH: Trust me, Khaleesi.

DAENERYS: There it is. "Trust me. " And it's you I should trust, Ser Jorah? Only you? I don't need trust any longer. I don't want it and I don't have room for it.

JORAH: You are too young to be so-

JORAH reaches for her.

DAENERYS: And you are too familiar.

JORAH: Forgive me, Khaleesi. No one can survive in this world without help. No one. Let me help you, please. Tell me how.

DAENERYS: Find my dragons and find my Scarlett wolf

JORAH exits.

Jorah's Pov

JORAH enters a garden where QUAITH covers the back of a man with symbols painted in blood.

QUAITH: Jorah the Andal. This man must sail past old Valyria. All who travel too close to the doom must have protection.

JORAH: I didn't come here for lessons.

QUAITH: No, you came for the dragons.

JORAH: You have them? Where are they?

QUAITH: Draw your sword. See what your steel is worth. You want to please the Mother of Dragons.

JORAH does not answer. She returns to painting.

QUAITH: You love her.

JORAH: Where are the dragons?

QUAITH: Will you betray her again, Jorah the Andal?

JORAH does not answer.

QUAITH: Will you betray her again?

JORAH: Never.

QUAITH: The thief you seek is with her now.

QUAITH returns to painting and JORAH exits, quickly.

Danyeras Pov

DAENERYS appears before the Thirteen to plead for her dragon's and Y/N safe  return.

SPICE KING: I did not leave the comfort of my home to come to yours and be called a thief.

XARO: No one is calling you a thief. Who is she to accuse us?

DAENERYS: Please, they're my children. I'm begging you and Y/N is my personal body guard 

SILK KING: Begging us? It wasn't very long ago you were threatening us.

DAENERYS: Without me, the dragons will die and Y/N will die

SPICE KING: It will be for the best. Your dragons will bring the world nothing but death and misery, my dear. If I knew where they were, I would not tell you.

PYAT PREE: You are cruel, my friend. The Mother of Dragons is in the right. She must be reunited with her babies. I will help you, Khaleesi.

DAENERYS: How?

PYATT PREE: I will take you to the House of the Undying where I have put them.

DAENERYS: You have my dragons?

PYAT PREE: When I learned you were coming to our city, I made an arrangement with the King of Qarth. He procured them for me.

DAENERYS: But there is no King of Qarth.

XARO: There is now. That was the other half of the arrangement.

XARO stands.

XARO: You would keep your gates and your minds closed to everything outside your walls, but Qarth cannot remain the greatest city that ever was if it refuses to change. I will open Qarth to the world as I have forced it to open itself to me.

PYAT PREE joins XARO's side.

SPICE KING: Your ambition is an inspiration. But like all upstarts, you overreach.

XARO: An upstart and a charlatan? Empires have been built by less. Those on the margins often come to control the centre, and those in the centre make room for them, willingly or otherwise.

PYAT PREE: The Mother of Dragons will be with her babies. She will give them her love and they will thrive by her side, forever and will be by her lovers side forever 

PYAT PREE's doppelgangers slit the throats of the other members of the Thirteen, simultaneously. DAENERYS is horrified, and flees. She encounters another PYAT PREE clone. KOVARRO comes to her side to defend her, but JORAH stabs PYAT PREE from behind first.

PYATTPREE: A mother should be with her children and the man she loves

JORAH removes his sword and PYATTPREE collapses into a pile of empty clothes, an illusion. Another clone appears.

PYAT PREE: Where will you run to, Daenerys Storm born? Your dragons and your wolf wait for you in the House of the Undying. Come see them.