*

The strong smell of antiseptic hit Ajay as soon as she woke up. She scrunched her nose in disgust. She had always hated that particular smell since she was a child. She blinked her eyes continuously, trying to figure out where she was. She noticed the needle that connected a plastic bag of water-like substance to the back of her palm.

'I'm at the hospital.' she sighed.

She tried sitting up when a terrible headache hit her hard. She groaned loudly in pain. That was enough to wake Fejiro up from his slumber.

"A.aunty, are you o.o.okay?" Fejiro asked, holding her hands and checking her body for whatsoever was making her groan in pain.

Like he could see it with his bare eyes...!

Ajay, rather surprised, stared at worried sick Fejiro seriously checking for what might have hurt her. Her heart melted at that.

"Calm down, I'm fine." Ajay smiled and Fejiro relaxed a little though he still keep looking at her to find what was making her hurt.

"Wait, were you the one that brought me here?" Ajay asked, suddenly recalling where she was.

"Yes o! A..a..aunty I just see you for ground, you be like dead body, I swear. Fear come catch me o. Me, I no just dey ready to loose you." Fejiro answered sincerely. (Yes, I just saw you on the floor. You were like a dead body.. I was really afraid. I'm not ready to loose you yet.)

"Ode!" Ajay mumbled "Shey you don't know what passing out from excess Alcohol consumption is abi? You just gave this hospital free money for drip......." Ajay scolded but stopped abruptly when Fejiro absent-mindedly used his palm to cover her mouth in attempt to shut her up. This act earned him a glare from Ajay and he retreated immediately.

"A.aunty no dey shout na." Fejiro said in loud whispers, checking around to check if anyone was in close proximity. (Aunty stop shouting, please.)

"Why? What happened?" Ajay whispered back, also looking around for what Fejiro was checking for.

"Na only 5k I hold as I enter the hospital o. They said I should buy hos..pital card 4k and it's 1k I.I have le..left o. There's no even any small money again to.to pay the hospital bill." Fejiro explained in a very low voice while Ajay listened attentively.

"What of my purse? Didn't you bring it?"

"I no se...see am o!" (I couldn't find it)

"But it was together with my car keys on the dining table." Ajay queried, obviously frustrated.

"A.a.aunty, see ehh, I..I. wasn't thinking tha..that period o. I ju..st wanted you to be fine. That's all."

Ajay massaged her forehead, thinking of what to do.

"Okay, you know what?" Fejiro shook his head negative in reply "Just go and get me my phone or my purse from the house. You can as well take my car. Just be fast. I can't stand this place."

Fejiro just stood there, scratching his head nervously.

"And why are you still standing here instead of leaving?" Ajay asked, confused

"Aunty, fuel finish for the car." Fejiro mumbled. Ajay sighed in response.

"Oya use the remaining 1k to get a cab. I'll reimburse you after I finish settling this people."

Fejiro uncomfortably scratched his head again, "Aunty, na.na wetin I.I..I use buy all these th..things for you." Fejiro said, pointing at a fancy customized plastic bag with the 'Kilimanjaro' logo on it and a bottle of water standing beside it.