009 ‑ Broken Friendships and Daddy Issues.

Start from the beginning

"Okojie, are you ready to tell me what happened?" He asked and I gulped inaudibly. Kizito had turned on his chair to look at me, a taunting glimmer in his eyes.

"Go on, Jidenna. Tell him." The smile that spread across his lips creeped me out a bit and I involuntarily shuddered.

We both knew I couldn't tell Principal Isaac the truth.

"I-It was just as Kizito said, s-sir." I stuttered out, causing Principal Isaac to frown. "We had a misunderstanding. We are sorry we didn't resolve it amicably, it will never again." I rapped on, my eyes downcast. The Principal was good at reading people. He'd know that I was lying just by looking at me.

He let out a deep sigh.

"You both are not telling me the truth." He knew, "But I'll let this slide because we are still at the beginning of the session and both of you are very effective prefects and good students. Whatever caused that brawl, it had better not happen again. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Crystal."

"You can leave my office."

"S-Sir," I called out to him and he looked up, peering at me intently. "You are not going to tell my Dad about this, will you?" I asked, dreading the answer.

I felt Kizito's eyes on me but I couldn't care less. All I needed was an answer to my question. Principal Isaac kept peering at me intently, his gaze unwavering that it made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable.

"I'll think about it. But you know the drill so, you shouldn't have gotten yourself into any fight." I sighed in dejection.

"But sir..."

"Leave."

I sighed again, turning on my heels and following Kizito out of the room while I prayed, I sincerely prayed that God will just touch Principal Isaac's heart and he won't tell my Father that I got into any fight at school. Because if he does, if my Father gets to know that this entire brawl happened, then I'm in deep shit.

And in the department of inflicting pain, Kizito has got nothing on my Father.

"I hope you are happy." kizito's deep growl brought me back to reality and that was when I realized that we had gotten outside the Principal's office but still inside the administration block. I looked at Kizito, who stared back at me with a glare, his hands shoved into the pocket of his trouser.

I exhaled, trying to keep up a brave front.

"You know I didn't mean to hurt Hilary. You of all people should know how much I care about her..."

"Don't you go all defensive on me!" He snapped, causing me to veer back in an instant. "And don't fucking tell me you cared about her because all you have ever cared about since you became friends with that asshole, is yourself!" I knew he was talking about Tekena and I got even more defensive.

Why do people keep attacking this guy!

"Don't bring Tekena into this." I retorted. "I was the one who messed up, I was the one who fucked up."

"Why shouldn't I bring him into the discussion, Jidenna?" He retorted back, moving closer to me till he was all up in my personal space.

"You know I am right. I just don't understand the kind of hold he has over you. He masterminded this whole thing and you sat there and you allowed him to spread such rumors, undermine and degrade Hilary the way he did."

"I didn't know he was going to go this extreme, Kizito..."

"Thank God, You admit it was extreme. Yet, you are doing absolutely nothing about it!" Kizito screamed and I said nothing.