TWENTY TWO

TWENTY - TWO

Always? Always.

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Hold on tight, mama."

Ophelia loved the way she felt with Rafe. From his soft touches littering goosebumps over her skin, to the free feeling when she was on the back of his motor bike. Dark curls flew freely in the wind, peaking up beneath the bottom of her helmet, her hands wounding tighter around Rafe's waist, inhaling the sharp scent of sweat, mint and cinnamon.

It wasn't long before the bike came to a screeching hault, Ophelia tugging off the helmet as Rafe slipped off the bike first, graciously turning and giving the girl a soft kiss to the lips. He knew, that alone, would enrage Sarah.

John B watched from a distance, his eyes falling to the Kook Princess who's lips moved ferociously with Rafe's, before they parted ways, an angered look taking over the Cameron boy's face.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Sarah stormed out of John B's truck, barely glancing in Ophelia's direction as Rafe stood tall. "There she is. Little miss perfect." Rafe hissed. "Hello? Are you high?"

Sarah's eyes met Ophelia's.

"Ophelia?" Sarah's voice softened, though the Martin girl kept the same, stern look present on her face, folding her arms over her chest. "I just heard about your little home invasion." Rafe spoke lightly. "What are you talking about?" Ophelia knew Sarah was bluffing, her cheeks flushing pink as she lied to her brother's face.

Sarah and Rafe had been arguing, and in the midst of it all, Topper had arrived, and that left Ophelia in the middle of it all - quite literally. She hadn't planned on getting involved just yet, that was until Rafe's voice rose in anger, and when Sarah took a step back, Ophelia knew well enough she was bound to get involved.

She rose rather quickly, her tiny hand placing softly on Rafe's upper back, his coral coloured striped polo dripping in sweat. She didn't care. At least, not in the moment. "Hey." Ophelia cooed softly, her eyes glued to Sarah the entire time, who's stomach sank at the sight before her.

She wasn't surprised that Ophelia could calm her bother down. She knew she was the only one who could. Though what did surprise her, was the underlying fact Rafe Cameron's anger issues hadn't seemed to bother her one bit.

"You know, one day, I'm gonna be running the show. And, you're going to wish you were nicer to me."

Sarah took a step back, and then another, unsure of who to look at. "Why don't you give me a save the date on that, psycho." It wasn't uncommon for the eldest Cameron to be labeled as such, especially when it came to Ophelia, but he was fuelled by anger and disappointment, and didn't take to such lightly.