Chapter 4: Bat-Killer

Start from the beginning

"Weird or not, I'm starving let's go", Dionte says getting out the bed and walking out the room.

They follow him down the stairs, and walk into the kitchen, on the kitchen table there is about 6 platters of different food items.

"Woah, who are you feeding a Basketball Team?", Anissa asks.

"No, a Superhero team", Alfred jokes.

"Everything looks so good", Khalil says.

"Well don't just stand there looking at it, dive in", Alfred says.

They all make there plates then walk in the dining room to eat. Alfred joins them.

"So how'd you all sleep", Alfred asks.

"Good, those beds felt like heaven", Dionte says.

"I bet", Alfred says, "What about the rest of ..."

"Look I get Bruce Wayne invited us here to give us a place to live while we're in Gotham, but how exactly does this help us", Khalil says cutting Alfred off.

Everyone stares at Khalil then at Alfred.

"Well if he didn't you might would have been sleeping at a Diner last night", Alfred says.

"No, what I mean is how does this help our Painkiller problem", Khalil states.

"Ahh yes, Mr. Wayne did mention, something about you having a split personality that needed to be destroyed", Alfred starts, "Now I don't have a solution just yet but with the help of Thunder, Lighting, Cryo, and Khalil, I believe we can solve it".

"How would we be able to help you", Dionte asks.

"Well I have been developing this this type of machine that would be able to extract the meta gene that was placed inside of Khalil", Alfred says. 

"But that would take away my powers", Khalil says.

"But it would also remove your Painkiller, but I don't have all of the equipment, which is heavily guarded at different locations around Gotham", Alfred says.

"Which is where we come in", Dionte says.

"No hell no, We went out before in our suits but we don't need let the world know that Lightning, Thunder, and Cryo are here to stay", Jenn says.

"Jenn's right", Anissa says, "As much as I want to help you, it's too dangerous".

"Well perhaps Mr. Wayne will have to do it when he gets back", Alfred says.

"Perhaps", Jenn says.

That night, Alfred invites Khalil to the BatCave, where he shows him everything he's been working on.

"Wow Alfred, this is amazing, and you're sure this could work", Khalil asks.

"If I had those pieces, it would", Alfred says.

Khalil scratches his head, then takes a deep breath.

"Where'd you say that first place was located?", Khalil asks.

Alfred smiles, after explaining to Khalil the details of his mission, Khalil takes the Bat-Motorcycle and goes to the coordinates. Alfred hears the sound of foot steps coming from the door leading back into the house, but when he turns around no one is there.

When Khalil arrives to the building two men are guarding the front door. He gets off the motorcycle and they tighten their grip on their guns.

"Good Evening Gentlemen, I know you must be tired standing here all night", Khalil says.

The guards say nothing.

"Well I would stand here and chat but I need to get in there, so move out the way before I hurt you both", Khalil says.

"No one gets into these doors", one of the guards says.

"Well I warned you", Khalil says. 

Just then Kahlil throws his sword threw the first guys head. He then slides up to the second guard, snatches his gun, and slams his head on the sword that's sticking out of the first guys head.

"Wow, New record 10 seconds", Khalil says walking in laughing.

"We gotta work on you not actually killing who you fight, like I trained Batman", Alfred says over the mic.

"I don't need training, just call me BatKiller", Khalil jokes.

"Khalil is fine", Alfred says.

Inside the warehouse there's a giant blue globe sitting in the corner. Khalil walks up to it. Inside he sees a strange glowing figure that resembles a bracelet.

"Alfred is this what you're talking about, this little bracelet?", Khalil says into the mic.

"It's not a bracelet, it's a proton ring, it has enough power to melt your brain and all the brains in a 30 mile radius",  Alfred says, "Be careful with that, and hurry, the next guards switch out in 10 minutes".

"Oh it's fine, he won't meet those guards", A woman behind him says.

Khalil turns around startled. 5 people in black combat suits stand behind him.

"How did you hear that?", Khalil asks.

"My ears are trained to hear even the lowest sounds", the woman says.

"Trained, what are you?", Khalil asks.

"An assassin, and my friends here, are just half of the league of assassins, and we were hired to take out the new metas in Freeland", the woman says.

Khalil pulls out his sword.