viii

Kuzco tried to stop his leg from bouncing up and down as he was watching the Kuzconian Realm get further and further away as the pilot flies higher and higher

Kuzco tried to stop his leg from bouncing up and down as he was watching the Kuzconian Realm get further and further away as the pilot flies higher and higher. Unlike Asgard, Kuzconian didn't use anything similar to the Bifrost to get around they flew everywhere and their ships were powered by a plant that they grow on the grounds.

"You doing alright Emperor Kuzco?" The guard that the Elders assigned him asked crossing his legs. Kuzco sighs before nodding his head, he turns around and glances at the pilot before going back to face the guard. "I'm fine, I just haven't been away from Kuzconian ever. So I'm a little nervous, did they give you the treaty?" The guard nods before patting at the bag that Kuzco just noticed was resting at his side. "I'm not allowed to give it to you until the end of the trip, Elder Yzma's orders." The guard had an apologetic look on his face but Kuzco waved him off.

Kuzco sighs before unbuckling the straps around him, he scooted forward before grabbing the bag that was at his feet and heaving it onto his shoulders he had to bite his lip to stop from crying out at the weight of the Asgardian book weighing down his shoulder. "I'm going to go to my cabin, now that it's safe," Kuzco told the guard nodding at the pilot who had his own seatbelt off and was just letting it drive itself.

The guard looked at Kuzco suspiciously before nodding. "Okay sir, I'll be listening if you need help." Kuzco nodded before quickly walking towards the cabin, he placed the bag on his bed before looking around his room. A quick look in the closet showed that the staff from the palace already placed his clothes in the closet, he looks down at what he's wearing before shrugging and sitting down on his bed. It wouldn't hurt to lay around in his clothes for a little while, he opens his bag and rummages around in it looking for something.

When he finds it he lets out a soft aha, he picks up the bag and shoves it under the bed before grabbing the ink that he requested to be put on the bedside table in his cabin, he gulps before running his fingertips of the llama design carved in the center of the leather. This was the last thing his mother gave him before she died and he hasn't started writing in it until now because he didn't know what to write but when he heard his Dad say make Chica proud he knew that he wanted to start writing letters to his Mom, and he was going to use this journal to do it.

Dear Mom, I feel a little dumb writing this considering you are dead but I needed to do something to fill this journal.

I won't lie and say I don't miss you, because I do. I'm trying so hard to be strong for everyone though, Dad won't say anything but I can see how you being gone still affects him and Chaca needs you. Dad is doing his best but children need their mother, and I need you.

Logically I know it's not your fault that you died but I'm mad at you, so very mad at you. I wish you didn't leave me, I wish you could be here to help me go to Asgard. You used to tell me stories about the gold palace, now I'm going to see it.

But without you, I don't want that. I know that the Elders say you are watching over us from the stars but I don't if I believe that, I don't know if I ever did.

I also know that Chaca always tells me by thinking about you I am keeping you from crossing over, I don't think that's good advice but I think she's trying but It doesn't work I don't want to forget about you.

I don't want to forget how you smell, I don't want to forget how you would let me pick fresh ingredients to make food even though the chefs would respectfully get mad at you because they thought royalty didn't belong in the kitchen. I don't wan-

Kuzco blinked harshly as the tears started to cloud his vision, he sighed and put his feather along with the ink on the table before pushing the journal away before rubbing his eyes. He turned behind him and raised the window cover before smiling as he saw the space go by, he pushed it down before getting up and walking towards the closet before picking out his gown to sleep in for tonight he placed it on the chair that was in the corner before walking out of the cabin making sure the door shut behind him, the last thing he needed was someone reading the journal or finding the book.

When Kuzco walked back out into the main part of the ship he saw that it hardly looked like he went to the cabin, the guard hasn't moved and the pilot hardly moved from his seat. "Hi, um do we have something to eat?" Kuzco asks using his finger to wipe at his brow as he watches the guard jump up and bow before nodding quickly. "Yes Emperor Kuzco, the palace chefs made some wonderful meals that should last us until we get there. They also hyperfroze the ones for the flight back." Kuzco quickly said his thanks before walking towards the kitchen and opening the area where he figured the food would be. "Shouldn't I being doing that for you?" The guard says looking at Kuzco confused. "I got it, thank you though. We're safe, you can relax." Kuzco said dismissively just wanting to be left alone, the guard looks at Kuzco curiously before nodding and sitting back down.

Kuzco glanced at the food before sticking a fork in it to start eating it, he noticed that it was one of the meals Chica would always have Kuzco help with. It was good but it would never be as good as Chicas.