The Newborn wind (2/2)

In the arms of his old wife, Albedo was trying to decipher the messages his mind was sending him. He stared at Sucrose's face, and realized that even though they had already spent more than thirty years together, she still looked divine. The last thing he wanted was to hurt her. Then he got up from the bed and sat on the shore, while Sucrose's arms searched for his arms in a dream.

—“I'm sorry, sugar cube” —He says kissing her hand before getting up from the bed. —“Albedo must leave you before I lose control”

Sucrose moved her face still asleep, and he could see the anguish in her. “No, dont go.” she whispers.

Albedo's eyes begin to crystallize, and tears run down his cheek.

—“Protect our daughter, and one day we will meet again” — And finally, Albedo got out of bed and left the room.

Something made Sucrose wake up, and realize that her husband was not in the room. She heard footsteps from the kitchen and decided to go. Maybe he was hungry and went looking for something, right? but it's not something he usually does. In fact, in their thirty years of relationship, he had never done anything similar. Here is a cat locked up.

She came down the stairs with a lamp in her hand, and realized that on the floor, he had fallen. Albedo was lying on the floor, asleep or maybe... Unconscious?

—“Albedo!” —She screams throwing the lamp to the other side and kneeling to finally take Albedo in her arms and carefully touch his cheek. —“Tell me you didn't pass away yet, my prince. Not yet!” —She says, waking up Caramel, who was waking downstairs. —“We still have some moments to enjoy in life, you can't leave me like that yet!”.

Caramel just looks at them and stares, not knowing what to do.

Albedo finally hints at life, so Sucrose feels a bit relieved. He coughs and open his eyes, and the first thing he sees are the golden eyes of his sugar wife.

But mostly of all, he sees at the distance that the mark on Caramel's collarbone shining. That was feeding Albedo, that had awakened him. Every day the pain grew stronger, and the only thing that kept him alive was Caramel's energy. Now again, she was feeding him, and the guilt had filled Albedo completely.

He sat on the ground and quickly bent down, feeling horrible pain in his head and back. He was writhing in pain, and Sucrose came over to hug him.

—“Sucrose...ah” —He can barely speak. —“Leave... now... and save yourself... and our daughter...”

—“Never, I'm never letting you alone” —She says holding him tightly. —“We promised to stay together until death do us part, remember? I will not...” —She was cut off by his desperate screams.

—“Sucrose it's happening, Durin is taking my body already!” — Albedo screamed. Sucrose was scared, and only pulled away, when suddenly the back of Albedo's shirt was ripped apart by a pair of black wings that bloomed from him.

He couldn't control himself. His wings stretched more and more and likewise, long black horns came out of his head. Sucrose approached Caramel and hugged her, while Albedo left the place, flapping his wings. He had lost his mind, she had to help him, even if she promised to don't.

Albedo was not Albedo, someone else was controlling him. He flew over the city, while people ran away. Amber, Kaeya and Jean went out of the Headquarters, and saw the once their coworker flying around. Likewise, they saw Sucrose leave her house, which was below the Headquarters. They could see that she was shocked and walked with the help of Caramel. She was old, but she wanted to protect the once man of her dreams.