The Sin of the Anemo Yaksha (2/2)

Barbatos was so worried about the future of Mondstadt, even though he seemed to spend the whole day drunk at Angel's Share. The archon, totally upset, decided to go to Morax and complain about his Yaksha.

—“What are you waiting for, Morax?!” —Barbatos yelled at Morax. —“We are losing time, he's becoming stronger everytime he's free”.

—“My Yaksha keeps finding hints, what are you talking about, Barbatos?” — Morax answered to Barbatos' nonsense. He didn't know what Sucrose was doing.

—“Your Yaksha has fell in love with Durin, you didn't know?”

Morax was surprised. He had no idea what was going on. As soon as Barbatos left, Morax called Sucrose. Sucrose knew something bad was going to happen, but she never believed what Morax asked of her. Morax had ended peace with his Yaksha, but he was going to forgive her only if she brought him Durin's heart. If she didn't obey him, she must return to the eternal dream from which Morax rescued her, and she would be paying the karma directly.

Sucrose left the place to fulfill his mission but she didn't know how. Albedo was not a bad person for the sole reason that he has nothing to do with Durin besides his heart. But if she didn't do it tonight, she'd go back to pain.

Sucrose, in desperation, turned to Madame Ping, who wanted her to comfort her. Madame Ping watched Sucrose cry inconsolably. "Why did I have fallen in love with him? Why would I steal his heart if just yesterday he gave it to me?”. She felt that somehow, she would betray one of the two.

Madam ping caressed her head, patting Sucrose and stroking her ears. Sucrose was too scared of what she should do, so madam ping gave her some advice.

She told him that in the evening, she should wait for him to sleep and take his heart, give it to Rex Lapis and bring her the heartless boy. She also mentioned that he wasn't going to feel anyway, but Sucrose remembered what happened that day on the mountain, the pleasant sensations when Sucrose touched him, and that she was the only one that makes that effect on him. If she did, he would suffer, but if she didn't, the one who would suffer would be Sucrose. Someone here would get hurt.

Madame Ping told her that she was able to find a solution, and all she asked was that she take the boy to her. Sucrose was in a quandary, but her hopes were not dead. Will you ever be able to forgive her, Albedo?

During that day, she went to visit Albedo, who was already waiting for her as usual. Sucrose walked over and took his hand. Albedo had removed his gloves, since he preferred that their only barrier was the void between the atoms in his hands. Sucrose was not supposed to say anything to him, so she decided to enjoy this last day by his side.

They both went to the outskirts of the Buried City of Dragonspine, in front of the statue of Barbatos. Albedo was lying on Sucrose's lap, while she caressed his hair. She was deep in thought, and Albedo was deep in sensation. Sucrose looked ahead, and saw the statue of the god who forced her to end with the love of her life. Albedo noticed that Sucrose was uneasy, so he decided to touch her cheek with her knuckles.

—“What's going up, Sucrose? Why is Anemo Yaksha so sad and quiet today?” —Albedo asked while creating Sucrose become a Jueyun chili.

—“I think today is the last day we'll see each other, Albedo” —He said while holding back the tears. —“The task that Rex Lapis gave me will finish today, and I must return to him until another task is assigned to me”

Albedo didn't understand it, and he didn't want to understand it either. If something affected her it totally affected him as well. He only knew that the Yaksha he loved would no longer return to his side. Sucrose, head down, spoke again.