𝟖. 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐇, 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍' 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

y/n's pov.

i could not believe what i had just witnessed. miles almost killed quint. like he almost cold bloodily murdered him in front of everybody. the way his eyes had gone dark when he was about to shoot him caught me off guard.

the gun was not in better hands with him. in fact, it probably wasn't in good hands with anyone who had a psychotic mind.

all my fears about miles returned and i felt worse then i had at the gas station.

miles wouldn't even look at me, dare speak to me after what happened and i just really felt the need to resolve this out.

i wasn't just going to let this go, not after seeing something like that.

i trusted miles so much but now i wondered if i was even safe with him at all... would it have been better of me to just go with frazer?

i don't know. right now it was hard to even bare the thought.

everything had been fine the night before and earlier this morning. miles was so sweet and caring and to see him turn so devilish felt like i was walking in his own manipulative hell.

it had been about a couple hours i'm guessing since it happened and we were in the town of coalinga now.

i could tell his right arm was in pain 'cause every time he turned the wheel he winced.

and he had been driving the entire trip. i wanted to drive now not only to give him a break but also to assert my dominance, 'cause i did not want to look like a scared bitch.

"miles, i can drive now." i tell him.

he ignores my requests and continues on.

i sigh in defeat and then decide to just do things my way.

i climb over to the drivers seat, being careful of his sprained arm and basically sat on top of him.

"what the fuck are you—"

"i said i can drive, you idiot."

"y/n, what the he—"

i shifted in the seat as i tried to get comfortable and he let out a groan that was not so innocent.

i scoff, "are you seriously— right now?"

miles didn't answer and just leaned his head back on the seat.

"miles, go, go. get out." i tell him out of disgust.

he quickly climbs out of the car and makes his way around to the passengers seat. once he got buckled in i began driving.

"sorry, i couldn't control it." he mutters.

i shake my nausea off and it's replaced with horror instead.

i was reminded about the whole gun incident and now that i have his attention i decided to bring it up.

"were you really going to kill quint?" i ask.

he inhales deeply before shaking his head, "no."

"miles, i saw you. you literally looked like you wanted to murder him. i mean what had gotten into you?"