chapter 4

" We ignore truths for temporary happiness "

The walls were closing in, certainly, the room wasn't this dark a moment ago - right? My chest was closing and my breathing restricted. My brain felt as if a certain part that had been frozen was now shattering slowly, excruciatingly slowly. While my head was pounding, I managed to stumble to a rich velvet loveseat in the living room. I could faintly hear them calling at me, weren't they in ropes just seconds before? Before my mind could utter another thought, I saw black.

My head was laying on an extremely uncomfortable pillow, while my body felt sore. My eyes were shut but I could hear a dripping noise, it sounded like water? As I slowly opened my eyes and tried to sit up, I felt a sharp pang in my chest. It happened sometimes I suppose, it started after my mother's passing. I never got it checked professionally though. Wait - where am I? As I tried to keep my eyes open and focus on my surroundings I heard some shuffling noises. Did it sound like Loafers? 

I tried sitting up again, this time pushing through the pain. As I sat up and looked at my surrounding properly I finally realized I was in a hospital room. "Oh shit" I mumbled to myself, I hadn't been to a hospital in years. After my mother's passing at least. Ever since she died I've tried to stay as low as possible because I was still a minor. The authorities would probably put me up for foster and I certainly couldn't allow that to happen to myself. The sound of loafers clicking the floor was slowly becoming more prominent.

 I realized it was probably someone coming for me. I quickly looked for my belongings in the room. I saw my black leather jacket and vans on the chair. Quickly slinging the jacket over my shoulders and slipping on my vans I started to walk out of my room stealthily. Without even making 5ft out of my room I suddenly hear a voice calling me. Trying to ignore the voice ad continue walking, I don't even move 2ft before the man holds my shoulder. Ready to turn around and punch the man I quickly start to swing my arm before stopping it, this was probably not the time to cause even more attention to myself. I mean I lost my fake id and was supposed to get it soon but, I may have a bit of a procrastination problem.

The man held my shoulder kindly before steadily saying, " Hello Ms. Cartier, my name is Dr. Flamel and you are currently at Rosethorn Clinic. Your uncle brought you here, would you like to see him so we can discuss my diagnosis for you? He is currently in your room. "

There were multiple things wrong with what he just said for example: Who is Ms. Cartier? Is he a Flamel?, Why am I at a clinic? and most importantly what did he mean with ' your uncle brought you here? My curiosity peaking as I nodded my head slowly to say yes.

He slowly leads me back to my room, as we entered I heard the tapping of loafers again along with the sound of a newspaper flipping pages. I immediately recognized the man, Curly Auburn hair, Black sharp suit, same smile and still reading a newspaper. It was definitely Regulus Back. Dr. Flamel then said, " Ok ms Cartier this is the man who brought you here, your Uncle Tobias, Faking a look of recognition and happiness I went to hug him and say " Oh uncle Tobias, thank you for dropping me off here" Although a part of me broke, I really wanted to hug him, my uncle, Reggie. But he didn't remember me, and maybe for now it was better that way.

" Of course darling, " he replied to me before turning back to the doctor. " So what's the diagnosis doc? " hmmm he was just funny today as he was years ago. " Well I regret to inform you but Ms. Cartier you have been diagnosed with Mild Persistent Asthma. I basically mean sometimes you're chest feels like it's closing or you can't breathe. The good news is we do have medicine for it, a Ventolin inhaler, you just take a puff of it whenever you feel like you're chest feels like it's closing or you can't breathe. Any questions? " he said informing us of my medical condition. Honestly, I already knew I had Asthma I just never had the medicine. This was good news at least.

We both said no at the same time, the doctor started to chuckle a bit. I gave a weak smile in return. "Well then I suppose you are free to be discharged, It's a good thing here I can say - I hope to never have to see you again "  I laughed at his feeble attempt of a joke with Regulus

As soon as I was discharged I started to walk out with Regulus following me. " Wait we need to talk," he said out of breath.

Oh oh, I hate talking about things like this.

this is just a picture of a ventolin inhaler incase you didn't know what it was