→Newt- "The hell is your problem?"←

Start from the beginning

Newt's girlfriend, Freya, was somehow insecure from the muttering and mumbling about his boyfriend's past relationship. She stayed quiet and acted oblivious to it, but Y/N, being a friendly and helpful person she is, was not going to let things go downhill.

"All right." She started aloud as she stood up on her seat. "Dishes used are already empty! I think it's time we call it a night, everybody. Save some of that chatter when your topics are not here!" She called out. "Not to mention the kids!" She pointed out the older people who became parents after living in the island for several years.

Y/N was one of the most respectable people around their camp. It wasn't much of an exhilarating thing for her when they all just obliged even if they weren't ready to leave the dinner hall.

Newt and Freya gave her a grateful grin when she winked at them as if she was saying, "you're welcome" to them.

A four-year-old girl named Marie jogged her way towards Y/N with a cheerful grin. "Hello there, Little Miss Marie!" The older girl greeted the child with the same smile Marie had as she picked her up and gently swung her to lie on her hip. The playful gesture made the little girl giggle.

Marie looked up at Y/N as if she was her third parent. When her own parents are either preoccupied or not around, she would go straight to Y/N to play or just braid each other's hair.

"My, you're getting heavier and heavier everyday!" Y/N exclaimed with a transatlantic accent. Little Marie had always found it soothing when she does that accent. "Where are your parents, my dear?" So Y/N kept going with the accent until she was ready to doze off.

"In bed already." The little girl answered.

"Well, they must've overworked themselves again." Y/N remarked. To be frank, she was always the one who tucks their daughter in for the night most of the time. So, she didn't mind at all. "Come now, let's get to bed." She said as she carried Marie all the way to the little girl's hammock, which was, of course, beside hers as Marie requested it herself.

Newt caught himself watching Y/N and Marie having their moment while they were off to their hammocks. He didn't know why, but seeing them together made his heart swell up. She had always been good with kids. He thought to himself.

"What are you smiling about?" Freya's voice pulled him out of his trance as they cleaned out tables. When he looked up at her, he saw her grinning at him confusingly, yet playfully. Though, it was only a way to mask what she was feeling when she spotted him watching his ex from a distance. 

Newt chuckled softly as he continued to wipe out the table in front of him. "Nothing." He answered, partially lying. He wasn't aware that he was actually holding his breath when they finished cleaning up. He grab a hold of Freya's hand and intertwined their fingers together before he kissed her temple, walking out of the dining hall. "Absolutely nothing." 

****

The next morning, all of the people who volunteered to gather up some supplies with Vince started stretching their limbs as they gathered around the berg Jorge was working on. Minho woke up early as well despite not coming with them. And since he was there, he thought he might as well help Frypan with their food.

He walked up to his four friends and handed each of them bottles of water and snacks for their trip. Once it was Y/N's turn to get her goodies, she cocked her eyebrow at Minho. "I'm surprised you didn't raise your hand last night." She remarked. "As I recall, you're the 'adventurous' one of the bunch as you said it." She air-quoted while she packed her snacks and drink in her rucksack.

Minho scoffed at her with tongue-in-cheek. A light smile was plastered in his face as he recalled the time he introduced himself to her back in the Glade. He indeed introduced himself as the active person around. "Can't the guy slow down and relax?" He replied with his hands on his hips, making her laugh quietly.