"I like you like this "

Start from the beginning

Instead of joining her, he kneeled on the ground before her. His umber eyes were bright even in the darkened room, sparkling with reverence in the glow of the moonlight that streamed in through the window. But there was wonder there too – a kind that Tohru knew he had never truly believed he’d ever get to experience.

“Kyo,” she whispered, taking a deep breath as his hand came up to run his fingers through her hair. Somewhere between the rush and intensity of making out on the sofa and now, she didn’t particular care when, her ribbons had come loose and now swathes of dark hair fell freely down her back.

“Hmm?” he hummed as he gathered it over her shoulder and combed his fingers through it slowly, that same quiet wonder in his expression.

“Why are you still down there?”

“I don’t know,” he replied softly, his eyes narrowing a little in confusion. “I guess, I just needed to give you a second to make sure you still wanted this. You can still change-”

He stopped speaking the moment her finger pressed against his lip.

Tohru hesitated for a moment, pondering what part of the last few minutes had made him question if she still wanted him. Refusing to ruin the moment by lingering on it, she shuffled backwards to the middle of the bed and held out a hand for him.

He accepted it gingerly, allowing himself to be drawn closer and closer until he was kneeling on either side of her, his free hand pressing into the mattress to keep from toppling and crushing all of his weight onto her.

Tohru let her lips collide with his in an unhurried kiss, letting her hand curl into the back of his shirt. She savoured the desire simmering between the two of them as their mouths moved in sync, giving him the only answer he needed to his earlier question.

When they broke apart for air, Kyo’s forehead pressed against her own as if to remind himself that she wasn’t going anywhere. Tohru smiled to herself involuntarily as she realised just how much he had changed since they first met.

“I want all of you,” she admitted, voice firm and unwavering in order to expel the last of his doubts. Her hand slid to the front of his shirt and she tugged insistently at his collar, hoping he’d realise that she wanted his clothes gone.

Kyo grinned down at her, a chuckle rumbling through his chest. “Is my shirt bothering you or something?” he teased, a knowing glint in his eye as she buried her face in his neck, slightly taken aback by her own forwardness.

When Kyo’s hands covered her own, she turned her head just enough to see him lifting it until it met his mouth. Her entire being swooned as he pressed the gentlest of kisses against the softness of her wrist, and if she wasn’t already leaning on him she would have collapsed from sheer contentment.

He released her hand gently in favour of grabbing the hem of his shirt, and Tohru swallowed hard as he lifted it up, exposing the expanse of taut golden skin beneath. The shirt was flung across the room carelessly, forgotten about just like her dress.

Without realising she was doing it, Tohru’s hand was suddenly pressed up flat against his chest, the fast beating of his heart pounding against her fingertips. His skin was warm and buzzing and she couldn’t help but marvel at the hard planes of muscle under her fingers, borne from his rigorous training regime no doubt.