Let It Out

They pulled into school all smiles before Jacob followed Ezra's gaze and slight frown. Owen looked at them with a scowl on his face causing Jacob to roll his eyes. "Have a good day, sweetheart." Jacob tried to give her his warmest smile but she just nodded and walked away. Jacob thought back to Jackson's words of wisdom for him and Jace and sighed. "Hi," Owen said as he walked up towards the school. "Hey." Owen sighed as he followed him in. "Don't be like that, Jake. Don't shut me out just because you have a girlfriend now. We were friends first." Jacob looked at him and chuckled. "I trust my friends. I don't trust you. Also, leave Ezra alone." Owen frowned at the mention of her name. "I made a mistake, Jake. You can't even give me a second chance."

Jacob looked at Owen. He realized in that moment as he saw the entitlement in his gaze that this was not the boy he fell in love with. "You didn't get a second chance, Owen, because you fucked another guy and then proceeded to break up with me." When he said it out loud, he realized how crazy this whole pursuit was. "Why are you even pressing this? You dumped me and now that I'm happy and with someone else you all of a sudden want another shot." Jacob closed his locker and moved to leave. "Does she know you kissed me?" Owen asked with a taunting smirk. "She does actually," Jacob replied with a smile. He could see by the way his smirk faltered that he was planning on disclosing that fact to Ezra in the hopes that she didn't know. "Goodbye Owen." Jacob said walking passed him.

Ezra was realizing that her AP Biology teacher was a hilarious nut. The semester long project they were working on was still a mystery that he would be revealing a little bit of information a week at a time. They were still learning about attraction and were tasked with compiling a list with their partner on attractive qualities they sought after in a mate. Jackson thought it was perfect causing Ezra to smirk at him. Xavier was trying his hardest to shoot his shot with Zoe, but she wasn't having it. "We can work on the assignment on our date over dinner," Jackson said as they packed up to head to their next class. "Okay, Bubba." Ezra whispered before saying her goodbyes. "You're so far gone," Xavier teased Jackson causing him to laugh. "Shut up and move man."

Ezra took her seat next to Henry and smiled. "Hey buddy," she noticed how his cheeks and ears turned a shade red. "Hi Ezra." She watched as Jacob walked in and smiled at her before heading to his seat in the back. She returned it but it didn't quite reach her eyes. She couldn't help but think about and compare herself to Owen. He had years of memories with Jacob. He had his love. He was also a man. Ezra was so lost in her head she barely paid attention or took down any notes. "You want to copy my notes at lunch," Henry offered once class was done. Ezra smiled one of her genuine smiles that seemed to make everyone happy. "I'd really appreciate that, Henry." He nodded before heading out. "You okay?" Jacob asked her at the door. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"I didn't know we were lying to each other in this relationship, sweetheart." Ezra sighed before looking down. "I just have a lot on my mind. I've got to work some things out." Jacob eyed her wearily. "I'll be okay, sweets." She whispered before waving goodbye and heading to AP Calculus. Ezra was not in the mood for this class, because she didn't want to deal with Mason or Jace's angry glares towards one another. As she took her seat next to him, it was apparent that Mason was surprised. "Just because I'm sitting here doesn't mean I'm not still mad at you for that kiss." Ezra whisper yelled at him. "I'm sorry, Ezra. I just got too excited. You don't have to worry about me at the party anyway. My mom has something planned." Ezra looked at him and sighed. "I feel like you're not respecting me and my wishes. Mase you were honestly the first friend I made here and I value friendships to the highest degree. I don't feel or want anything romantic with you. I need you to hear me and respect me on that."

Mason could see how serious she was. He also couldn't deny the feeling of déjà vu. "I hear you, Ezra. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I value our friendship too and as long as I have you around, I'll be happy." Ezra smiled at him. "Come here you." He laughed at her before embracing her in a hug. Jace chose this exact moment to walk into the classroom. His glare was poisonous. Ezra shook her head as she turned her attention to Mr. McCaslin.

Jace watched as Ezra said something to Mason before waving goodbye. "What did I say about staying away from her?" He growled lowly. Mason rolled his eyes. "The question is can she stay away from me?" He gave Jace a taunting smirk that made him want to punch Mason in the face but refrained. "Relax, asshole, she's made it perfectly clear she doesn't see me that way. We're just friends." Jace shook his head. "I don't want you being anything to her. We know what happens when you agree to be friends with a girl that you secretly like. Eventually you push too hard and things turn fatal." Mason wanted to punch the shit out of Jace.

"What happened with Eliana was an accident. An accident that I think about every day." Jace scoffed. "Good. I hope you learned from it, because history will not be repeating itself this time." Mason looked at his friend turned enemy and frowned. "You like her." It wasn't a question. "Let me guess, you all like her." Jace stared back into his and smirked. "Of course, we all like her. She's our girlfriend," he whispered causing Mason's eyes to bug out. "All three of you." Jace nodded before slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Stay the fuck away from my girl, Dixon." Jace growled lowly before leaving.

World Literature felt strange, which was weird, because it was Ezra's favorite class. Mason had barely spoken a word to her, but made small conversation with Lucy Jane. Her boyfriends seemed to be in good moods, but she wasn't sure why. Ezra felt like she was missing information and hated it. "Can we talk?" Ezra stopped Mason from leaving once class was out. Jace, Jackson and Jacob remained at their seats in the back watching on, but Ezra didn't care. "Did I do something wrong between Calculus and this class? You seem off?" Mason put on his backpack before crossing his arms. "Don't worry about me, Ezra. Just focus on your boyfriend or should I say boyfriends." Ezra's eyes widened as she turned to scowl at her men. "Mason, I'm sorry that you found out the way you did. I'm sure it wasn't what you expected, but it doesn't mean that I can't care for you." Mason looked at her with soft eyes. "As a friend." She nodded her head and gave him one of her famous smiles.

"Jacob I could see...hell even Jackson, but Jace, really." Ezra chuckled and pulled him towards the door. "There was a time you were friends with him." Mason shook his head. "That was forever ago." She linked their arms before turning back around and giving the death glare to her boyfriends before leaving. "Oh, she's big mad," Jackson said watching her leave. "She'll get over it," Jace grumbled. "He needed to know. I could so see this being Eliana 2.0 and I was not going to lose Ezra over his crazy ass." Jacob and Jackson nodded in agreement. "You excited about your date tonight?" Jacob asked Jackson as they made their way to the cafeteria. "More like nervous. Were you nervous, Jace?" Jace nodded. "I just didn't know what to expect. I wanted her to love it and ultimately, she did. It was a great night. I'm sure you'll be fine." Jackson let out a breath and sighed. He hoped his brother was right.

The remainder of the day flew by, which Jackson appreciated. He met Ezra by his car and smiled at her happy expression. "You ready, baby girl?" She nodded happily getting in to the car. He closed her door and made it around the driver's side. "Where are we going?" Ezra asked putting her backpack in the backseat along with his. "It's a surprise, my love. You'll see in an hour or so." Ezra sighed. "I hate that we have to drive out so far just to have alone time. I'm sure you guys hate me whenever you fill up your gas tanks." Jackson chuckled before grabbing her hand and kissing it. "We could never hate you. You're worth it all."

They spent the hour-long drive talking about any and everything.

Jackson couldn't have known that Ezra picked up on the most subtle of things. She knew that Jackson was not only sensitive and empathetic, but he wanted the best for everyone. He valued the approval of his family despite taking the road less traveled and leaning into his artistic nature. "How'd you figure out so much about me?" He asked as he exited the highway. "I just pay attention to the things I care about." He smiled at her before he turned onto the square. "Where are we?" Ezra asked taking in the quaint little shops and restaurants. "We're in downtown Thomaston. It's a small town outside of Langford, which is outside of Hartford. This will be one of the few places I take you out. There is so much to do here that I know you'll love."

Ezra smiled happily as they drove around. "Close your eyes." Ezra looked at him crazily. "What? Why?" Jackson chuckled. "Do as I say woman!" She rolled her eyes but closed them. "Keep them closed until I tell you to open them. I'll know if you peaked." Jackson pulled into a parking lot and parked. He got out before getting her out and positioned her just so. "Open."