❥ chapter II

A/N:

Thank you kindly for all the votes and comments you've left, my dear readers! ♥

━━━━━━━━━━♥━━♡━━♥━━━━━━━━━━

The sight you were met with almost made you laugh: That guy stood rooted to the spot, gaping at you, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. "That ... that old geezer ... is your boyfriend?!" His voice was an octave higher than usual, close to the point of screeching. He was downright shell-shocked.

Now, your irritation was genuine. Geralt, an "old geezer"? You couldn't believe it! Oh, you would definitely make him pay for that! You hugged Geralt's arm against your chest and snuggled up to him. "Well, duh. That's what I told you."

"But he's—"

"Oh, right," you cut him short, "speaking of earlier ..." You gazed up at Geralt who was already watching you with an inscrutable expression on his face. "Babe, this guy here bugged me earlier. He tried to hit on me and just wouldn't leave me alone, no matter how many times I said no!"

His eyes narrowed dangerously, and he levelled his baleful gaze at that guy who blanched. "Is that so?"

If that guy's eyes hadn't been bulging before, they certainly would be now—not out of shock, but out of fear. "I-I-I didn't know she already has a boyfriend!" he defended himself, stumbling over his words. "She didn't tell me until way later, I swear!"

"And what does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, i-if I had known, I would've left her alone, of course! I wouldn't even have talked to her in the first place!" he assured.

"I see." Nodding pensively to himself, Geralt fell silent, which lulled that guy into a false sense of security and prompted him to relax visibly, but you knew better. This was the calm before the storm.

Discreetly, you let go of Geralt's arm and took a little step to the side, out of his way. You knew what was coming next—you were looking forward to it, even—so you wanted to stand back and watch that guy get what was coming to him in all its glory.

"Look, dude, I'm—"

With a single step, Geralt closed the distance between himself and that guy, who interrupted himself out of surprise. "You sure are one arrogant and impudent brat. Didn't your parents teach you any manners? No means no. It doesn't matter if she's already taken or not. Remember that for future reference, too. Do you understand?"

"Y-Y-Y-Y-Yes!"

"Should you ever bother [Name] again"—he drew himself up to his full height—"I will teach you a lesson you will never forget. Did I make myself clear?"

"Y-Yessir!"

"Good." He glanced back at you. The smouldering glint in his eyes sent shivers up and down your spine. "And if you really can't wrap your head around the fact that this young lady is dating an 'old geezer' like me, then watch this—and watch closely." He reached out, grabbed you around the waist, and pulled you to him.

A surprised squeak escaped you. Before you knew what was happening, his lips were on yours, hard, scorching, stealing the remaining air from your lungs. For a second, you couldn't believe he was really kissing you. You were barely able to realize that this wasn't another one of your (day-)dreams but in fact reality before your mind went blank and you gave in to your desire.