Chapter 1 - Sick Tian

Mulai dari awal

"Tian, do you want some days off of teaching? I can always get Yod and Rang to take over for a bit?" Chief says as he gets up from his chair. 

"I think that would be helpful- *sniffle* I could use a few days off to mark their work, and prevent spreading it- ACHOO! " I say. 

"Oh, N'Tian, you never think of yourself! You need it to rest! Don't work so hard, ok?" Nam said, as he rose from his chair to get the medicine I asked for. 

Chief says he's off for the tissues and he'll get me some chicken broth and cough sweets. He walks past me and brushes my hand gently with his own as he walks out the door as a small sign of affection. It's obvious Nam noticed it as his grin largens. Nam stays silent until Phupha is out of the room fully before he speaks his teases again to avoid getting another slap. 

"Look at you two being all cute! When are you gunna get married?" Nam chuckles.  

I space out a bit thinking about what  Phu was telling me in bed a few weeks ago. He talked about marriage, and has done a lot recently. I have no time to think on as Nam says my name. 

"Tian?" 

"H- huh- what?" I reply

"Looks like you know something then... You two hiding something?" Nam says.

"Ay Nam!!" I mutter as I don't know what else to say. 

"Achoo!" I go again.

"Oh yeah, I better give you your medication!" He hands me a small box and tells me to get some rest before marking any other papers. 

"Thanks Doc. I'll try my best to keep rested." I say. 

"Get well soon, if you need anything else let me know!" He replies.

"Thank you, bye Doc!"

"Bye Tian!"

Phupha's POV 

Looks like Nams at it again. Jeez, the guy wont stop teasing me about Tian! It is amusing how he still finds things to say after years of already being with Tian. He's already started teasing me about marriage, but I had thought of that a while before he started. 

And thing is, I bought a ring... 

I was planning to propose on the mountains where we first kissed, so I planned to take him there on the weekend but it might have to wait since he's not feeling well. 

I go into the shop and get everything he needs. A young woman named P'Yong helped my get them, as she's a friend of Tian's and knows what he usually likes when he's ill.  I get back in my car to head home to Tian, and as I get there, I open the door and see him on the floor, surrounded by a circle of papers around him, with a red nose and stuffy face. 

"Tian, I told you to rest naa." 

"I know, *Achoo!* but *sniffle* this is important..." He replies. 

"But you have time to do them after you rest! I have already arranged when Yod and Rang will teach the kids." I say.

"Please krup... Let me just finish Kalae's paper and then I'll rest." *sniffle* 

"Oh your tissues!" I said, as I handed them to him. "I got you some other things, P'Yong helped me get them." I gave him a smile and he faintly gave me one back. 

I was already in my relaxed clothes so I sat in our bed facing Tian to bribe him into coming into bed. I guess it didn't work as he just looked up at me and then went back to marking his papers. 

I dosed off for a bit thinking about work and when is the right time to propose to Tian... I'm proposing to Tian! I run quietly to the closet to take the ring out of my trousers. I wouldn't want Tian to find it. I put it in the back of my drawer, and as I turn around I see a sleepy Tian, snoozing, still sat on the floor with his head resting on his fist propped up by his knee. I gently lift him up from his space and carry him bridal - style to the bed. I put him in between me and pull the covers on. I had already set up the mosquito net while Tian was still marking. 

Tian's POV 

I slowly open my eyes to realise I'm not on the floor anymore. I feel warmer than usual, but I just think it's the effects of a cold, so I try taking a cover off to reveal another pair of legs, one next to my left, the other next to my right. I tilt my head up to see chief smiling sweetly at me.

"Chief?" 

"You fell asleep, so I brought you to bed. You can finish marking tomorrow, but now you need rest." He replied. 

"But chief..." 

"Yes?" Phu asks.

"Nothing.. Goodnight chief." *sniffle* I would try argue that I need to get them finished, but I truly am tired, and to be honest, I'm also enjoying the company from Phupha..

"Goodnight Tian, love you..." 

"mm, love you too." I reply. I hear Chief chuckle and he kisses the top of my head and relaxes his head on the pillow. 

"AAAAAACHOOOO!!!" 

I guess Chief has got it too now... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!! I hope you enjoyed it... I hope to continue after some of my main exams, I have some more rough ideas, especially with the proposal and all. This will probably turn into something of a Season 2 as I go on lol. 

I hope you're staying safe and healthy!    :)