chapter one

zari | tabeer

zari | tabeer

Tabeer, where are you when I need you?

Helloooo?
Imagine I'm dying and I need your help and you're not even there. -.-

Oh my Allah yaar, I was praying! You didn't have to text me again and again.

Best friend, your best friend needs your help!

I have a feeling one day our friendship is going to go down as one of the most remarkable in history, especially with how you only text me when you need me.

Come on, you know you can't refuse me.

And seems like you know I can't refuse you either *sigh*

Tabeeeeer!

Yes, I'm here.

Guess what?

I always fail at these so no, I'm not guessing. The score's already 0-13.

I'll give you 3 of mine if you guess.

You finally passed Chemistry?

Nope.

You said I'd get 3 if I guessed. The score's 3-10 now, hehe.

Guess again, silly!

Will I get 3 more?

*sigh* YES!

Okay... It has something to do with Arham?
Zari? What happened?
Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?

Arham's coming.

Arha—WHAT? WHEN?

Tomorrow. He said he missed me and couldn't wait until the next semester started, so he made up some lame story about his friend's birthday party and is, at the moment, on his way to Islamabad.

No way...

Yes way.

So you're going to go see him?

He's coming to meet me Tabeer, of course I will.

Zari... you know your parents don't let you out of the house...

:)
:)))
:)))))

No. I'm not doing this.

They trust you Tabeer! They won't have any problem sending me out with you!

I feel like a tissue paper.

A golden tissue paper :)))

Zari. No.

It'll be fun.

...

Usaam's going to be there too.

So?

I know you like him.

Astgahfirullah. I don't.

You do.

I don't. Don't push it.

If not for Usaam then at least for me? You know me and Arham haven't met for two whole months because of mids.

Zari, yaar. The new semester is starting in a week anyway, what's the use of putting both our lives on the line?

Who said anything about lives and lines? You come over to my place, I tell my parents we're going out for a walk. I scoot off with Arham while Usaam will give you company till I'm back.

That is a horrible, horrible idea.

It's not. If you're worried you won't get permission, just say something like you haven't been out in ages and you miss me.

Or that I need help with an overdue assignment.

 You're putting me in a very compromising situation.

Usaam will be by your side the entire time, he's not leaving you alone. And you trust him, I know this.

I do. But you know we haven't texted in months.

It's just half an hour, Tabs. Half an hour.

You owe me big time after this. Preferably an entire Kentucky from KFC.

If I knew your friendship was worth a burger, I would've signed off the entire food chain to your name xD

Alright, don't butter me too much now.

So you'll talk to your parents?

Of course. And we both know they won't refuse my best friend who needs help with her 'drawing assignment'.

— ❖ —