family reunion

Chase walked into my room with a gentle knock ." Gulf ?"

"Yes ?" I looked over my shoulder at him ,his brows scrunched up in a confused expression.

About to ask him why the face , he answered before I could open my mouth.

"Why are Mew and Kao Fighting on Kao's front lawn ?"

At first ,the words didn't register to me , thinking he said something else or was looking for a reaction for a joke." What ?" I sat down my paintbrush, pushing out my seat from the canvas I sat in front of ,looking at him with the same odd expression.

This time he slowed it down , enunciating every word like I was a mental case. " Mew ... And Kao ....Are fighting on the lawn "... I think I had on a dumbfounded look ,my eyes darting towards him and the window.
Unable to think before moving . I stood up and ran to the window to see he was right . Mew and Kao were rolling around on Kao's front lawn like two kids on the playground. And ironically ,it reminded me of elementary and middle school , seeing them do the same between classes and after school.

I guess things really don't change .

Opening the window, I begun to panic
when Kao upper cut Mew right in the mouth, then grabbed his collar before
he could tumble down. He shouted at him while Mew looked a little daze from the impact . "... Why the hell wouldn't you tell me this , huh?! " Kao shouted ,blazing in anger . " First our mother,now Julie !? You wanted him to kill them ! I bet you've been helping him , you murderous bastard !"

Staring out the window wasn't doing it for me, so I reach out the door , passing Chase in a frenzy. It only took a minute to run out the house and across the street , thankful there weren't any cars driving because I wasn't focused on the road . I reached them just when Mew was sitting on top of Kao ,holding him down to the ground while Kao tried to wrestle out,
Resembling a mad dog , baring his teeth.

"... The fuck down !" Mew demanded ,
Blood dripping from his lip. Neither of them noticed me approaching.

"What's happening! ?" I asked hysterically. I took them by storm , their eyes instantly locking on me, both breathless and covered in dirt as if they'd flung it on one another earlier.

Mew looked down at Kao ,all his energy drain at my appearance along with the color in his cheeks .

"Would you like to tell him ? Or should I ?" He asked Kao rather dejectedly.

Kao glared into his eyes for a long second while I loomed over them , waiting for an explanation. I thought they were over their feud or whatever they've been fighting about for so many years. Kao roughly pushed Mew off and slid from under him to stand up ,wiping off his jeans . He gave Mew a dirty look before facing me who was now crossing my arms. Resembling my mom when she wanted answers
that second. He knew that face well , sighing dramatically, raking his fingers through his hair .

"Mew's murderous father killed Julie!" He blurted out .

My heart stopped at the words . "W- hat ?!" I choked ,just when Mew exclaimed the same ,his face scrunching up in rage .

Mew marched up to him but Kao's
held up a hand ,holding him off to continue." Mew's father has been out of jail for a good month now -"

"I didn't know until last week !" Mew defended himself ,looking as though he was about to break down . Blood still dripped down his lip, his face now resembling the florid hue ,balling up his fist ,his body convulsing at the tightness . It seemed the more they spoke ,the more my mind exploded with questions, flooding into numbness .