Chapter 1

Two figures horseback rode through the peaceful nights of Silla. They were wearing cloth masks to cover their faces not wanting anyone to recognize them. Even though their faces were covered anyone could see that one was a young man and other one was in his middle age.

                                                                   ...   

One night there stood a young lady near to the forest with a lamp in her hand. She was wearing very expensive silk and golden neckless. Anyone could see that she was a noble woman from very high rank family. She looked at the sky and murmured something to herself and started walking again. As it started to rain she ran in order to prevent herself from getting wet. She looked around to find a shelter but no success.  Finally she spotted a house and knocked the gate. A man opened the gate and met with the site of wet and shivering young girl. He immediately called her in.

"Miss you must be very cold wait here. I'll come with some more blankets." Said the man while rushing in. He gave her some warm blankets.

"Thank you. I thought I wouldn't be able to find a place to stay. I'm Jinyoen" Replied the lady while wrapping the blankets around herself.

    "I'm Paoh my lady. It's look like the rain isn't going to stop anytime soon. I think it's best you to stay here" As soon as Jinyoen heard these words she bit her lips and looked at outside where it was still raining.

"Don't worry lady Jinyoen, no harm will come you here" She shocked her head and said,

"That's not what I worry about. I don't won't to cause a trouble for you Paoh"

"You are not" He was cut off by a handsome youngman who entered the room. He didn't notice Jinyoen for a moment.

"Paoh, were you talking to yourself." He questioned.

"No, my lord. I was talking to lady Jinyoen here."

"Jinyoen! Who is Jinyoen?"

"He means me sir. I'm sorry to bother but I couldn't go home because of the rain." said Jinyoen.

The youngman looked at the speaker.  And he was taken back. There stood a young girl.  Extremely beautiful. She has a round face. Her long hair was braided and was decorated by flowers  which matched with her hanfu. Her pink cheeks and full lips were memorable. She was smiling at him. Her beautiful smile made his heart warm. What caught his attention most were her eyes. Her soft black eyes were twinkling like the stars. They were so deep that he felt if he looked at them he would get lost. He saw many emotions were swimming inside her eyes. And he caught one emotion which made his breath hitch. What he searches for. 'Love'. Her eyes were filled with love and happiness. He gave his rare real smile.  He felt that he doesn't have to hide his fears from her. He felt that he could be himself around her. He felt that he has found his home. A place where he can be himself.  He wanted to get to know her. So, he stared a conversation with her. 

"So, a young lady, beautiful one I may add what was doing at the outside?" He questioned.

"I went to see a friend and got late. She asked me to stay at her place but I refused. Stupid me"

The youngman chuckled and shook his head.

"Jidiwi"

"Huh"

"Jidiwi. It's my name."

"Oh! Jidiwi Jidiwi . Strange name. But nice"

"I wish if it stops raining I want to go home"

"No" Jinyoen jumped the sound of his voice.

"You are not going anywhere. Wait till tomorrow."

"But"

"No buts. You heard me"

"Fine. Aren't you going to sleep?"

"I wish I could sleep. But I can't"

"Why? You are not sick. Bad dreams may be. Since you let me stay here I'll help you sleep. Come here and lay down and close your eyes". Jidiwi stared at her for a minute and did what she asked. Jinyoen started to sing. She had a beautiful clam voice. Slowly slowly Jidiwi's eyes started to get heavy and he was out like light. When Paoh came to the room he saw that his master was sleeping peacefully and Jinyoen was singing. He made no sound and left them alone.